forum

Too fast or too slow on streams.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Auxtrious
As a new forum poster, I understand that this post might be buried somewhere in this forum, but I just want to touch base on streaming. As much as I enjoy doing streams, I always have problems with them, and there may be others out there with the same issue. Are there any tips that can better improve streaming accuracy? How do I know when I should be alternating slower, or maybe faster?
Callum
~
Wishy
Practice.
Mathsma
Most people are going to say the only way to get better at streaming is to just keep playing and play lots of streamy maps, and I can't think of anything other than that so that is what I recommend doing.
Pettanko
Play more until you develop muscle memory for streaming different BPMs. Start with maps where you can actually hit the streams properly without having to randomly mash buttons, then slowly work your way up from there. Always keep an eye on the stream while it's moving. Another thing I do is to be conscious of what finger I use to start the stream with, and to remind myself that often the stream will end with the same finger.
Topic Starter
Auxtrious

Pettanko wrote:

Play more until you develop muscle memory for streaming different BPMs. Start with maps where you can actually hit the streams properly without having to randomly mash buttons, then slowly work your way up from there. Always keep an eye on the stream while it's moving. Another thing I do is to be conscious of what finger I use to start the stream with, and to remind myself that often the stream will end with the same finger.
Sounds like a great idea. Are there any beatmaps that involve some sort of stream practice with a mix of normal gameplay? I know some, but the more the better.
Rio-

Auxtrious wrote:

Sounds like a great idea. Are there any beatmaps that involve some sort of stream practice with a mix of normal gameplay? I know some, but the more the better.
I use this Map to train My Stream...
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/114632
Starry-

Auxtrious wrote:

Well, all I know is that these Stream Practice Maps really helped me start out, in case you haven't come across them already.
Lycanth_old

Auxtrious wrote:

How do I know when I should be alternating slower, or maybe faster?
Try playing with "Hit Error" as score meter type.

It has less use for playing "normal maps", but when you are playing on stream practice maps (e.g. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/72474 - these are pure stream maps though ), you can start by using auto pilot and activating "Hit Error", to get a feeling for the different bpm. (osu! -> options -> graphics -> set the score meter type to "Hit error" )
Try not relying on it too much, though. Later play without auto pilot and only look at the bar when you have no clue if you are going too fast or too slow. Eventually you should be able to play without it/without looking at it.

If you don't like that you can always try going a bit faster/slower when you get a hundred. If you start getting 50s you know you will have to do the opposite, lol.