forum

My left ring finger hurts while playing osu mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
skylersoup
Problem details: My ring finger hurts and feels cramped up in 4k ever since I've started playing 7k. I have no idea if this is a medical issue or a common occurrence

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20220101.1 (latest)
Blushing
If you think it is medical then you should probably go get it checked out. If you don't want to go seek advice right away then try adjusting your playstyle (keybinds, keyboard placement, hand placement, etc.)

Also make sure to properly stretch and warm up before playing osu!, I know it can seem corny and possibly embarrassing to have to stretch before playing a game but I think it is essential for rhythm games that can take upwards to 70kps.

If it is a dull pain then it is most likely muscle and finger strain (which is quite normal, it could just mean you need to build up the stamina). If it is sharp and abrupt then you should probably stop playing for a little while to let the body heal the damage that was already done.

If it is neither then it should be up to you on whether you want to continue to play or not.
Haengsyo
Don't hit keys too hard on 7k
Offload strain to your pinkies/thumb(s)
Drink a lot of water
Check your posture
Topic Starter
skylersoup

Blushing wrote:

If you think it is medical then you should probably go get it checked out. If you don't want to go seek advice right away then try adjusting your playstyle (keybinds, keyboard placement, hand placement, etc.)

Also make sure to properly stretch and warm up before playing osu!, I know it can seem corny and possibly embarrassing to have to stretch before playing a game but I think it is essential for rhythm games that can take upwards to 70kps.

If it is a dull pain then it is most likely muscle and finger strain (which is quite normal, it could just mean you need to build up the stamina). If it is sharp and abrupt then you should probably stop playing for a little while to let the body heal the damage that was already done.

If it is neither then it should be up to you on whether you want to continue to play or not.

Haengsyo wrote:

Don't hit keys too hard on 7k
Offload strain to your pinkies/thumb(s)
Drink a lot of water
Check your posture
My ring finger suddenly stopped hurting while playing 4k for some reason, but thank you for the advice.
LostCool
You're the same as me, it just take time.
You will be alright with good hand positioning and a short break between song. (Also stay hydrate)
I have this problem since I started playing 7k (O2jam 2011~ now).
It hurt a lot back in 2016~2018 when I was too crazy about 4K and start hurting my self by forcing to play hard map because other player take shorter time than me to be good at something.
So that's why I decided to stop playing 4K and go back for 7K/o2jam (2019~now).
That pinky pain has disappeared at the end of 2020.
Topic Starter
skylersoup

LostCool wrote:

You're the same as me, it just take time.
You will be alright with good hand positioning and a short break between song. (Also stay hydrate)
I have this problem since I started playing 7k (O2jam 2011~ now).
It hurt a lot back in 2016~2018 when I was too crazy about 4K and start hurting my self by forcing to play hard map because other player take shorter time than me to be good at something.
to that's why I decided to stop playing 4K and go back for 7K/o2jam (2019~now).
That pinky pain has disappeared at the end of 2020.
My ring finger was kinda like wrappping around my middle one. My ring finger stopped hurting and like wrapping around my middle one after like 3 days idk
Poptont
skill issue (joke)
Topic Starter
skylersoup

Poptont wrote:

skill issue (joke)
my ego hurt waaa