forum

Asking for Recommendations

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maid Leila
Hello! I just started playing Osu!Mania about 4 days ago. This is my first post in the forum. Nice to meet you all!

I'm at the point now where I can reasonably play songs in the 2.4 to 2.5 range (90% - 96% usually). I'm looking to improve but, I'm having a hard time finding songs/beatmaps I like in the 2.5 to 2.7 range (I surprisingly have quite a bit from 2.7 and up). The kind of music I like the most is acid/psytrance; songs like Claiomh Solais, G1ll35 D3 R415, Equinox, Runengon and Reikou Hatsuden. I'll play pretty much any kind of beatmap except ones with lots of "short" long notes (they're the bane of my existence). Ranked is preferred but not necessary.

Thanks in advance and happy tapping!

EDIT: I forgot to mention; I play 4k.
kanjou
nice to meet you too! i like that you've had an interest in those long note patterns! :)

though i'm not really knowledgable too much in acid/psytrance i do know some really fun psytrance (and other similar genres) maps with 2*~ difficulty (I like speedcore and lolicore the most)

Education - PSYQUI: beatmapsets/983953
Speedcore 300 - Hypernite Industries (3* might be too difficult but you should try): beatmapsets/228853
ONIGIRI FREEWAY - OISHII: beatmapsets/663098
All I wanna do is touch your power points - LOLI RIPE: beatmapsets/474288#mania/1163515
Plushlined - Maxo: beatmapsets/401088#mania/872945

a personal favorite is Cyberia lyr3 (beatmapsets/1225254) though the lowest diff is rated at 3.79*

imo these maps are really enjoyable in higher difficulties, but hf playing and i hope you liked some of my recommendations sorry if the list is very small :D
Entropy21
when searching specific beatmaps ingame, look here in the wiki for useful keywords:
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/en/Client/Interface#search

they also work on the search bar in the beatmap listing on the site
Topic Starter
Maid Leila
@Sachianii Those songs sound pretty interesting, thank you! I downloaded all of them.

@Entropy21 Ohhhhh, that's helpful, thanks!
kanjou

Maid Leila wrote:

@Sachianii Those songs sound pretty interesting, thank you! I downloaded all of them.

@Entropy21 Ohhhhh, that's helpful, thanks!
np!! let us know what you feel about them + if you want any more
Hoshimegu Mio
4K is bad for your mental stability. Go play 7K.