forum

Tingling on right thumb while playing o!m.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
skidd
I was playing osu!mania and all of a sudden my right thumb started tingling, what does this mean? I did some googling and I've read that it says I might have carpal tunnel. I can still feel my thumb, move it just fine, and it just works normally overall, but I just want to be safe, thank you.
Kurboh
Now you have magic powers you can perform with your finger
DiarrheaEnjoyer
why tf is this in modding queues lmao
Ulis-
:l
Sies

sam939 wrote:

ahh yeah, moved to the correct forum.
MarioUniverseZ
do you play 7k very hard
midgy

skidd wrote:

I was playing osu!mania and all of a sudden my right thumb started tingling, what does this mean? I did some googling and I've read that it says I might have carpal tunnel. I can still feel my thumb, move it just fine, and it just works normally overall, but I just want to be safe, thank you.
just stop playing when it starts to tingle, it's likely from over usage of certain muscles you don't normally use
RiceCooker64
Probably nerve damage and over tensing. Not sure why else it would tingle.
Topic Starter
skidd

sam939 wrote:

wtf i didnt realize when i posted this sorry
ReddXD
its because almost all maps in osu mania are staircase notes like these or chord jacks usually leading to the thumb on an insanely fast bpm; leading to finger strain

as well as a short reading window which makes reading high level songs very uncomfortable with no way to change the vertical settings or the entire play area

Ive experienced this pain too unlike playing O2jam so I know Im not the only one
Gamesnake7
It also depends on what key is mained, I see the OP has a 1-digit 7K pp so I don't think it happened with 7K (unless the OP plays 7K offline then idk)