forum

Tips to derust?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bananahira
the title, came from a month break, i tried to play some days ago but i cant recover at all, my best was like 5.4* - 5.5* and some 6* maps, but recently i cant even play 4* as i used to consistently.

please, this is beyond frustrating and sad, i need to recover both my speed and my stamina, reading skill isn't dead cuz i was mapping a little all this time
also, seeing my rank going down as fuck is beyond depressing
Hoshimegu Mio
Why are you taking so many breaks?
xBomb72
You'll wanna play at the level you currently play at. Yes, taking breaks is good, but that doesn't mean you'll play better right when you come back since you haven't played in a while.

When you're rusty, you'll wanna play maps that you can currently play instead of the ones you played at peak skill. It'll take some time, but you can get back to where you once were.
Haengsyo
Tips on how to derust:
Be patient and start lower, working your way up slowly. It’s common sense to start lower if you can’t perform like your peak.
Topic Starter
bananahira
im gonna kill myselfs, i cant derust, ill never be a top on my country
letantanh
like haengsyo said, you cant just play at your top level after taking a break for a long time. Be patient and start over again and if your mindset is just the same thing after all of it, the best thing to do is just quit
jkzu123
you wont be as good as your peak after a break, especially as long as a month. a month is a lot, for me even 3 days break can make my skill so much lower. it really depends on the person. some people after a break see little to no difference, while some see a huge difference. with that being said, derusting itself also depends on how long you took a break for. like i said, a month is a lot, so give yourself a week or two. play maps you can barely s rank or something, thats what i do and it works pretty fast. the difficulty is of course not gonna be as hard as your peak, but just play maps you can s rank at your rusty skill, i dont recommend going for a ranks when derusting. also if youre upset seeing your rank going down, please play offline. not only wont your rank be affected, instead of constantly looking at other peoples ranking, its just you. good luck, youll be back at your peak soon. just keep on playing and youll be back as good as ever
Entropy21
-play maps i can easily acc/fc
-tone down my scroll speed
-the rest takes time

thats pretty much how i derust, glhf
The Vegeto
i think u shouldn't put so much pressure on your self enjoy the game and start up slowly that personay what i did when i was rusty (idk if it helps but i was playing in mutis with friend and it helped me to derust) u can also lower scroll speed r change skins it kinda helps
SoRaKee
I usually play easier maps to improve my raw accuracy after a long break from mania.
Don't play hard maps straight away after a break. Otherwise, you'll get frustrated in no time.
Derusting is not a quick process for some people.
Some might derust in just a few plays, some might take longer.
In my case, it took me 2 weeks to get to the level I was at after a 3 months break.
And of course, the most important thing is have fun.
pofnkul
bruh necropost.

as someone who came back from a 1 month break imo play for fun for like a week and then try to push your skill back up the next week