forum

Searching for EXTREMELY easy beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cokeshawty
Hey all.

Two of my friends are learning osu!mania. They only want to play 4K. They have never played anything osu! related before so they are extreme beginners. However, most "easy" maps on mania are still too long/hard for them. They're using HT and EZ but it's still too hard. There are a couple of maps they have played that are doable for them (star rating 0.90 and below). One of which is the "easy" one on this map:

beatmapsets/129383#mania/362419

Does anyone have some more mania maps that are comparable in difficulty? I know I can search for other maps categorized as "easy" but most of them are way harder than the one above. I have asked this question on the Discord server but all I am getting are sarcastic and belittling remarks. Are there packs that have insanely easy songs? The more the better.

Thanks in advance.
Hoshimegu Mio
4K ew.
Cuma Iseng
do specific search like using star<1 (and key=4 if your friend only want to play 4k), or star<0.9, whatever.

you can also made them play converted easy map and use 4k mod. It's feel awkward if you already know mania pattern, but still a good thing as introduction to someone who never play vsrg.
Haengsyo
they need to brute force it at that level. Tell them to play more(7k).
Topic Starter
cokeshawty

Cuma Iseng wrote:

do specific search like using star<1 (and key=4 if your friend only want to play 4k), or star<0.9, whatever.

you can also made them play converted easy map and use 4k mod. It's feel awkward if you already know mania pattern, but still a good thing as introduction to someone who never play vsrg.
That is a good tip. I recently found out about using "length<30" for instace. Can you tell me all of those "commands" I can use in the search bar? And how do I combine them? For instance, if I want to search for a map that is shorter than 30s that is also below 1 star and 4K, what do I type? Can I just type length<30 star<1 key=4?

And what about if I want to find a map with no sliders? Is there a command for that too?

EDIT: Found another map that fits their needs perfectly: beatmapsets/586696#mania/1242396

If anyone has more please feel free to share.
DeltaNami

Diglett wrote:

Cuma Iseng wrote:

That is a good tip. I recently found out about using "length<30" for instace. Can you tell me all of those "commands" I can use in the search bar? And how do I combine them? For instance, if I want to search for a map that is shorter than 30s that is also below 1 star and 4K, what do I type? Can I just type length<30 star<1 key=4?

And what about if I want to find a map with no sliders? Is there a command for that too?

EDIT: Found another map that fits their needs perfectly: beatmapsets/586696#mania/1242396

If anyone has more please feel free to share.
You can search for LNs by using the "slider" value. I'd recommend typing something like
Sliders<300 for instance.

As for using multiple, the example you provided will work perfectly! Just combine all the values you want and separate them with a space and you should be good to go.

Some other things you can do are "od", "hp", "ar" (for standard), and "status". Status is actually really useful because you can use status=r for ranked maps.
Topic Starter
cokeshawty
Thanks a lot! Thanks to your tips we found this cute and easy one:

beatmapsets/844183#taiko/1765973

<3
Hoshimegu Mio

Diglett wrote:

Thanks a lot! Thanks to your tips we found this cute and easy one:

beatmapsets/844183#taiko/1765973

<3
You found taiko. Good job. Now start playing it.
Topic Starter
cokeshawty

YyottaCat wrote:

You found taiko. Good job. Now start playing it.
Huh I could've sworn that map also had mania when I saw it earlier..

EDIT: Yes it has: beatmapsets/844183#mania/1766693

Delta386 wrote:

You can search for LNs by using the "slider" value. I'd recommend typing something like
Sliders<300 for instance.
EDIT 2: The sliders<300 command isn't working. Sure it works?
Cuma Iseng
in-game search filter is here. I don't know if beatmap search have same command or not, but I believe it's same.