forum

I need some help with my mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vidrogue
can someone look at this map and point out the mistakes,i cant do hitsounds so i could use some help

Map here|https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1667615#osu/3405064
Sophie Twilight
Where did that buzz slider even come from?
This is piano- a super simplified rhythm song, not a complex speedcore song with 400BPM+... no need to put that buzz slider

Not only that, you also need to polish slider-shaping a whole lot... especially the curved ones
When you can put them to good use, you'll also be learning what flow looks visually more appealing and suitable refined structure for the said flow at the same time

Take these 3 mapsets of mine as example, if you can see pretty major differences in slidershaping, flow and rhythm-representation between the two mapsets, it means you can intuitively understand how mapping works at the very least. (of course, his understanding inclined to MY mapping style)

Mapset 1 (very bad): beatmapsets/1057906#osu/2211176
Mapset 2 (pretty good): beatmapsets/1263518#osu/2851453
Mapset 3 (really good): beatmapsets/1664763#osu/3398491

Try to understand why one is better/worse than other.
Topic Starter
Vidrogue
number one isnt well organised and it doesnt follow the music well

number two the stacking on number two isnt to good and the diff name is to high for it to be
named hard

number three is very well organised whilst its a tech map 40.982 the slider goes of screen but everything else is very good

but fixed tho
Sophie Twilight
Seems like you have good understanding on mapping already, but only have problems when applying into your maps
Topic Starter
Vidrogue
i havent really learned how to use keyboard chort cuts like (shit ctrl r ) and others. do u have any tips that i can use bc i lve mapping and want to map more but i spend hours on maps and then they just turn out like shit.

im not aiming for rank either but i havent gotten any help from other people. could u maybe help me? i would really appreciate it.
Sophie Twilight
Sorry, but I can't afford to help you.

I'm even having hard time doing my own projects since they just keeps piling up when I map with my snail-mapping speed
Topic Starter
Vidrogue

- Mahiro - wrote:

Sorry, but I can't afford to help you.

I'm even having hard time doing my own projects since they just keeps piling up when I map with my snail-mapping speed

ok but goodbye and have a goodday!
KumiDaiko
map simple songs first

99% anime/j-pop songs are simple

map anime
Lp9

KumiDaiko wrote:

map simple songs first

99% anime/j-pop songs are simple

map anime
no thats dumb

map songs that you enjoy, so that way you will find it actually fun

also try to really listen to the song and choose the appropriate rythmns, not everything has to be complicated with sliders (for example the rythmn you chose for this song was too dense imo)

it will be hard and you will most likely fail many times, but with time you will get a sense of what is correct for the given song

also try doing simpler patterns and not overcomplicate without a thousand sv changes first before doing crazy tech shit, otherwise you will make a mess like me xd

hope that helps a bit