forum

Pokémon: The Origin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Coro
Hey guys, remember how after Nintendo made anime-style trailers for Pokémon Black2/White2, everyone was like "Nintendo this is awesome make a new anime reboot without Ash and stuff, make it closer to the games, it'll be awesome doitdoit?"

Pokémon: The Origin special premiering in Japan October 2 at 7:00 pm~
Apex_old
Finally a new protagonist WHAT A TWIST!!!1!!1
deadbeat
technically, wouldn't it be the original protagonist?
i mean, red was the first main character in the pokemon manga :p
Luna
Please let this be a more serious take on the series, without all the overly goofy stuff the original series had/has. I realize the series is targeted to children, but please make this a special for the oldschool fans who grew up with the first gen games and have long since outgrown the anime adaptation.
I want to believe. I want to believe so hard. But I'm too afraid of being let down yet again :|
Destiny
I hope they don't really change the approach to Pokemon, just revamp it.
Sapphiire_old_1
awsome :D cant w8 i believe someday they will make a pokemon series for the older audience but not for now i think
Topic Starter
Coro
It's out everybody~

90 minutes of pure nostalgia~
Sapphiire_old_1
first and second episode's are awsome :D , w8 for the other episode's to be subbed
Mistercool121
i really think the 1st and 2nd episodes were epic too bad there are only going to be 4 :(
Sapphiire_old_1
it was only 4 episodes but God i loved them , so much nostalgia
deadbeat
episode 2, those feels ;~;
Topic Starter
Coro
Personally for me it's the orchestrated Kanto music that really hits the nostalgia for me :3
mariano1900
Beautiful episodes :)

Something awesome that i was expecting but didnt happen:

Red and gold facing each other at the end with the "..." dialogue, haha
Aoriki
If no one didn't have the feels from episode 2....I'm going to slap you silly.
(Sh*t load of feel, guys....just a sh*t load)
Apex_old
I think this is incomparable to previous seasons of Pokemon.
MMzz
They ruined the ending honestly.

SPOILERS!
Why the fuck would they add a mega evolution, to something that is supposed to be kanon to red/blue/green? Like, seriously Nintendo, nice marketing tactics.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the nostalgia factor.
Seyren Windsor
I loved this anime so much, it added so much feels to me :)

However i was scared of watching it since it would feature RED actually talking and not being as badass as it used to be, aside of that, i loved it.

SPOILERS DOWN HERE.

SPOILER
I loved the Mega Evolution of Charizard, specially because it has been my favorite pokemon since i played the first game ^^, however it didn't make much sense at all, also he slapped Mewtwo in the face so easily which is a little dissapointing making Mewtwo so weak ( i prefer Charizard than Mewtwo tho and i felt great aobut that FALCON PUNCH, but MewTwo was not the best opponent to use it.)

And as always, no one choses Bulbasaur, not even in the anime :( , poor bulba
Stefan
I honestly cried at the 2nd episode. :(