forum

Finger position question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
caminhao20201
So, i've been playing stepmania-like games (pretty much only 4 keys) for almost a year now, and i've always have been playing like this: one finger from the left hand for the last tile, and three from the right hand for all the tiles left. I've never had any problem with this until recently, where i've been quite bothered with some stuff, like the fact that i have way more difficulty with holding notes (specially the middle right note), and that i run out of stamina really quick, not to mention the lack of space i have, since i play on a notebook and my fingers are quite big. Could it be that i'm only being paranoic about it or it troly is worse than playing with tho fingers for both hands?
DeltaNami
There's actually a biological answer to this question, and that is that you are at a physical disadvantage by using that playstyle. due to the way your fingers are positioned inside your hand, your ring and middle fingers have a much harder time separating from each other, and have much less overall dexterity. It's not impossible to overcome that limitation (especially for 7k players who are more or less forced to use that style of play on both hands), but keep in mind it will be much harder for you, and it's a lot easier to injure yourself that way. If you really want to keep that playstyle, go play 7k and work on that dexterity a bit more, plus you'll be at a decent head start thanks to already having trained that hand's flexibility. Otherwise, it might be worth it to switch to a standard 2 and 2 style of play to make it easier, safer, and more consistent for you in the long run.
Hoshimegu Mio
Start playing 7K. Your starting point should be ahead of others because you played with that style on your right hand for so long.