30.86%
interesting
25.93%
annoying
43.21%
Total votes: 81
Topic Starter
CoolDudeEO
I just feel like sv just ruins some scores I'm trying to get, I wonder if other people have the same opinion
Poptont
its ok, it can be annoying sometimes. but its mostly fun to experiment with.
Rikuka
depend sv
if sightread able = good
if memorization = meh
Dkuya
satisfying
Entropy21
i just hope sv maps have an indicator that it has sv changes when you play them ~ like object/slider count, and yeah it can be annoying but fun and rewarding once you fc it, i guess its just mastery on the map itself...
Cuma Iseng
I worship it
DeltaNami
I can go both ways on this one. It is really fun imo, and it can make maps look and feel so much more alive. On the other hand, it's thanks to SV that I'm mindblocked so hard on maps like nano death and planet shaper.
abraker
I hate sv. Mostly because I play with a hidden skin, but also good sv is a rarity.
Hoshimegu Mio
Good SV makes the map a thousand times better and bad SV makes it horrible. I actually managed to save my team into TB by getting 40k more score than anyone else in an SV map though.
Picot Gris
don't like but because i have skill issues on this.
ExpressoMode
i think it's pretty cool but when it's sv spam it's annoying
wwowie
sv memorization is only annoying
[HD]Voxav
SVs (except memorization) are so good !!!

abraker wrote:

I hate sv. Mostly because I play with a hidden skin, but also good sv is a rarity.
I also play with HD (not Hidden skin but HD mod) and I don't see this as a problem for SV... Except for slowjams xd
teu
it depends honestly
catzlucky
they're okay if you can still read the notes on one focused point

slow speed(0.75x)/fast speed(1.5x) sv's are annoying though
Hoshimegu Mio

catzlucky wrote:

Tons of maps involve SVs like 5x or above though.
catzlucky

YyottaCat wrote:

catzlucky wrote:

Tons of maps involve SVs like 5x or above though.
i meant if the chart has sv slower than or equal to 0.75 or faster than or equal to 1.5. the chart is focused on reading skills rather than input skills imo.
keiholic
I think they're really fun, songs like polyriddim are really impressively mapped and watching someone like CrewK FC it makes it really mesmerizing. Although it could be annoying for ranked maps, I still think it's a really unique concept that could make maps more interesting and fun to play.
kanjou
it's very cool n fun, i think of it as a whole diff mechanic that may or may not make maps fun to play n interesting
Geovanniplayz7
It adds a layer of difficulty, shame star rating doesn't count it, it makes fake 1-3* that is as hard as 5-6* if you can't read memory SV
TheAngryNerd101
SV when used well and not excessively can really bring life to a map and allows for the mapper to express the music in unique ways... unfortunately, a lot of them don't know how to differentiate between a cool concept and an annoying gimmick, because they don't know how to use SV appropriately.

Some gimmick SV maps can be fun, but the difference is that the SV doesn't feel unnecessary- or more so, it is used in a way that adds challenge while still being fun and comfortable to play.

So to summarize my thoughts, for the most part, I find it annoying because many mappers don't know how to use it appropriately.
Neigdoig
How you use SV determines if a map with SV is good, or if it's a joke.