forum

How Did You View Osu! as a New Player?

posted
Total Posts
show more
My Angel Newnew
Huh, whats the appeal of this game, why do popular streamers play this. Its just circles everywhere...
-A day later-
SCREW HOMEWORK, NOONE NEEDS HOMEWORK, OSU ALL DAY! THIS GAMES GREAT.
Aresous
My initial reaction was: "I need to buy a $70 dollar tablet to get on the leaderboard... fukin (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻"
(I don't know how to play games for "fun")
Hello Skitty
i thought i would have to play for a year before i could pass rubiks cube 7x7x7

a month after starting i bought tablet, few days later i was already passing it
Asagi Mutsuki
"wait what did you say there is actually a taiko game for computer with a scoreboard, youre kidding me right"

been playing since
Slith
few months ago there was a post about osu on an fb anime page on my wall and thinking this was nice.. then i remembered i had a shitty computer. a few weeks later they posted it again and decided to put an all-nighter downloading the game then after i saw the download page i was like 40/mb WTF!? and i was thinking i could've played it months ago. been playing ever since.
djjsixpack
I first thought double time was like a showy thing that people chose to put on their replays because it looked impossibly fast, I didn't even consider it to be how it actually was played. 2 years later, I can do the same thing :p
Evalegend77
Initial Reaction was :

"Oh, this game look like a funny Spin-off of Elite Beats Agent/Ouedan"
(I discover this game on a League of legends Stream...yeah)

And well, i was good on the Ds because of the tactil screen, but it's different now, and i don't really want to buy a tablet just for this game so...
I play with the Keyboard + mouse, it's enough for me, even if because of that, it's really hard for songs in harder difficulty.

Now i try to find some good songs (yeah, i use osu as a playlist too while playing others games...: D )with the differents packs to add more variety (but i avoid all Touhou songs, there too much of them, and it's not for me, except "Owen was her" ).
Kanye West
i watched a lot of bikko replays, thinking that there was no way this guy can legitly play like how he did

two years later, yeah he's still a cheater
raww_old

JapanPanda2 wrote:

Huh, whats the appeal of this game, why do popular streamers play this. Its just circles everywhere...
-A day later-
yep

popular streamers play osu!?
Setsuen
I joined and started playing Guilty crown songs doing hard and normal on NF+SO while ignoring easy because I thought easy was too easy.. turns out easy wasn't THAT easy after all. After that I was literally praying every single time I played Zoetrope(Amnesia) on Spinout because 99% of the time I failed on the second spinner. This nightmare finally ended when I got to lvl30 and FINALLY learned how to spin.. half decently :o
Soarezi

raww wrote:

JapanPanda2 wrote:

-A day later-
yep

popular streamers play osu!?
well some LoL players plays Osu inbetween ques, for example TSM Dyrus and uhh robertxlee i think it was.
TakuMii
(back in 2009)
this game is so hard with a mouse (note: I was using an old barely-functional wireless mouse)
i bet all of the pros use touch screens
none of the songs have Ouendan-style storyboards (note: I didn't know about this map at the time)
why don't the authentic maps have storyboards
wow why is it lagging (note: I was attempting to play osu! on a Pentium 3)
I give up (note: uninstalled osu! and/or HDD died, after about 10-15 playcount)

(in 2012, when I actually started playing)
hey this game still exists
I have a wired mouse and an i7 laptop now, let's do this
you can use keyboard to click?
woah there's music from anime I watch
how can people be this good (note: after watching a video of someone passing Valkyrie Dimension on Insane)
ooh I can probably pass some of these maps on touch-screen, I'll just play the same song over and over until I can pass it on mouse (most notably, Sakura Sunrise on Hard)
Winshley
Simple: I'm a rhythm addict and was a fan of EBA game before.

My friend once said that she wants to play osu!, and I eventually Google'd that out of curiousity. Turned out that it's EBA/OTO-clone rhythm game. Of course, I immediately started playing this game until right now (and still counting).

Oh~ the days when I wasn't even cared about Accuracy until after a month of playing... (and this is why I had high play count on Ryuuseigun, as I had D rank there with NoFail on)
Kemdo
O - O All the people who can full combo Insane diffs are a bunch of robots !!! ; ___ ;

Then One year later I am here and now think people who think that are a bit over the top but oh well ^^
CentupleChaos
I'm new to the community, but it's only some hard and most insane maps I cannot do. However, it doesn't tend to be a full combo when I can.
quaternary
A great game with lots of music I haven't heard.

I thought Boku no Sainou -dub mix- was impossible, and this is osu!droid
on a tablet
El Koko
:?

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Something I could pass time as a side game to League of Legends. Thanks to osu! I've actually quit LoL and play osu! exclusively.
fun fact: i started playing this because Dyrus played it on stream.
WendytheCreeper
I probably won't be playing this too much. I'll probably go back to playing Stepmania.

lolnope. One of my brother's friends got him to get the game, then I got an account...after using the mouse for a little bit I got the bright idea to try using my tablet and it was like I reinvented the wheel or something.

Now my bro barely plays osu and I'm here playing it obsessively.
stolez81
buny
This thread is older than your account.
VirtualMuffin
Found osu from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WyUr9jfNao

Proceeded to fail at fc'ing easy's for a month. I thought it would be ages before i could confidently full combo normals. No joke.

And oh someone necro'd this. My bad
The Gambler
A sibling got osu! stream on my iOS device after persistent pestering. Gave it a shot and for some reason, spent the next few weeks trying to FC every single song on stream mode. Then I heard about the PC version....

The rest is history. Also 2 year necros aren't that bad.