forum

About Mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rawn
Hello!

I have this problem when I first play osu! I use 2000 dpi because i thinks it help me at spin..but now
i just know lower dpi can help with jumps and other stuff

So, should I stay at this dpi or change it??
I hope someone can help me :)
buny
use what you're comfortable with

as long as your dpi is in a reasonable USABLE range, it should be fine. dpi doesn't change your spin rate since the rate is dependent on the speed of how fast you move your hand and so changing dpi is only going to change the size of the circle you're going to spin.

don't let other people tell you how to play, i know many people that use 1k+ dpi and can do very hard maps.
Mathsma
I would recommend anything between 600 and 1400 dpi because I think anything lower than 600 requires too much movement/mousepad space and anything over 1400 you don't really get the feel of following the points. Again, this is just what I think and by no means am I telling you that must play within that range.
Topic Starter
Rawn

Mathsma wrote:

I would recommend anything between 600 and 1400 dpi because I think anything lower than 600 requires too much movement/mousepad space and anything over 1400 you don't really get the feel of following the points. Again, this is just what I think and by no means am I telling you that must play within that range.
How about screen resolution ?
Thatgooey

Rawn wrote:

Mathsma wrote:

If you use full screen, lean more towards 1000ish range, and if you use a window, scale down to 600-800ish. Playing at a 400-450 dpi range feels a little too low for me personally, but going past 1000 can feel a bit much outside of fullscreen. When I played mouse, i had the most success in the 800-1000 range. I played 1000 when I was on full screen, and ended on 800 with a window. If you feel like mid 1000s feels right, then go for it, but I wouldn't go over 1600. Mess around with it a bit until you can get comfy. Just remember that the lower DPIs will give you a little more control, and the higher DPIs will make you a little bit quicker. Find your happy medium and get as much of both worlds as you can.
Almost

Thatgooey wrote:

Rawn wrote:

If you use full screen, lean more towards 1000ish range, and if you use a window, scale down to 600-800ish. Playing at a 400-450 dpi range feels a little too low for me personally, but going past 1000 can feel a bit much outside of fullscreen. When I played mouse, i had the most success in the 800-1000 range. I played 1000 when I was on full screen, and ended on 800 with a window. If you feel like mid 1000s feels right, then go for it, but I wouldn't go over 1600. Mess around with it a bit until you can get comfy. Just remember that the lower DPIs will give you a little more control, and the higher DPIs will make you a little bit quicker. Find your happy medium and get as much of both worlds as you can.
I always felt that the dpi of you mouse didn't make a difference when you changed the size of your screen. I didn't feel any difference back when I played mouse when I changed my osu client size.
RaneFire

Almost wrote:

I always felt that the dpi of you mouse didn't make a difference when you changed the size of your screen. I didn't feel any difference back when I played mouse when I changed my osu client size.
Seriously?
Marcin
Everyone suggests DPI around 1000, and I sit here playing with 3600 dpi airman-like-maps ;_;
Topic Starter
Rawn

Thatgooey wrote:

Mess around with it a bit until you can get comfy.
Did you mean a year ? :D

Because I think Im going to change my dpi to 1000-1500 around that..Im still thinking