forum

[duplicate] Band mode, and Band VS mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Maddjoe
This may sound stupid but it's actually a great idea.
So i inspired the idea from "rock band 2" wii game.
In the game there are 4 players each one with an instrument "Vocals,Drums,Guitar,Bass" they all play together the same song
Wouldn't it be awesome if you can grab 3 friends, each one of them plays a mode "Osu!,Taiko,Osu!Mania,CTB" and play the same song at the same time but with different Modes "(Instruments).
Also make a Band VS Band like you make a room 8 People are required, Split them into 2 teams and in the team the 4 players will play all 4 modes
Sorry if this has been suggested already
Syrus
Sounds interesting, but not sure how many people would use it, since basically all the friends I have play osu!stand only. Also considering how many times team vs is used currently in multiplayer lobbies, I can safely guess that not many people will
Topic Starter
Maddjoe
if it was made it will be a great hit actually, and i think many people will like it as you have your own role in your team sounds pretty awesome, you will feel like in a real band and if you saw a gameplay of rock band 2 you will see that it's pretty co-operative and you can spend pretty fun time with others
Drace
Well it can't really be called band mode, since every modes play the same stuff. But some kind of cooperative mode where all game modes are clashed together doesn't sound bad at all. Although the scoring will have to be balanced out, lol mania vs ctb scores.
FrzR
This could be great though, but with the beatmaps today, how are we going to share the notes to the 4 players? i mean, which note is for the bass, guitar, drums and the vocal? If this mode gets implemented, should it be mapped in a different way? o3o
Topic Starter
Maddjoe
i though it will be ok if all the players play the same note, but now i think it's better to do different notes, ummm maybe use something like random in osu mania, actually we will focus on Osu mania on taiko for the idea because they have different notes to play at the same time "buttons", umm so what about the random idea for example in a song "note-slider-note-spinner" they are spreaded like note for mania slider on osu note on taiko spinner on CTB, but yea it's not actually random but you can say somehow an "algorithm" to divide mapping into 4 modes, so that Osu, Osumania,Taiko,CTB each one of them has it's own stable part that won't change, example if you have a normal song you wanna play in Band/Cooperative mode Osu! applies the algorithm on the song notes to divide the notes to the 4 players, i also think that there is an algorithm for switching the mode from Osu! standard to Osu! mania as the mapper didn't map for all types i suspect about that
FrzR
I see your point. Having standard beatmaps to be automatically mapped in different modes. I'll leave this for the devs.
quaternary

Fr33z3R wrote:

I see your point. Having standard beatmaps to be automatically mapped in different modes. I'll leave this for the devs.
They already are.

Switch modes, then launch a standard map.
Topic Starter
Maddjoe

tuddster wrote:

Fr33z3R wrote:

They already are.

Switch modes, then launch a standard map.
My point!,if a standard map can be played in different maps then i don't think it will be hard to Just divide them into different players
Topic Starter
Maddjoe
Anyone supporting this idea?
Syrus

Maddjoe wrote:

Anyone supporting this idea?
Please don't ask questions with obvious answers.
Marcin
t/110709
Duplicate?
deadbeat
kuro's is more detailed