forum

[added] Add description of Alumni to Alumni page

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
So for some reason, when I open the website on chrome, it default takes me to the alumni page.

Which made me realize that even though I've been here for a long time, there's a lot of people on the alumni team that I have no idea what they did.

Which got me to thinking. Maybe there can be a description on the Alumni page stating what each person did before becoming alumni (Nothing like, extensive. It can just be like "BAT: mm/dd/yyyy - mm/dd/yyyy" or something like that

I'd start a project like this myself, but I only have limited knowledge of who most of these people are and what they did.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Bumping this since it's been a while

This will also clear up confusion of "Why is Mara xxx on the alumni?"
Kodora
yes please
good idea
Ephemeral
"they were staff at one point" is enough justification for normal users as to why a certain individual is an alumni
SapphireGhost
If it could be written up by someone with the required knowledge, a history of osu!'s staff (what title users held and how long they held it for) would be an interesting article for users to look at. If someone with this information posts it I see no reason to disallow it.
dkun
Could go well in a wiki page, fwiw?
D33d

Ephemeral wrote:

an alumni
*an alumnus. Singular.

I'd like to see something like this, for similar reasons. It'd be nice to see specific contributions if a member of staff was notable for anything in particular. If nothing else, it'd be nice to see who of the alumni were outstanding, as opposed to being a fairly nondescript staffer. Even if that's a poor reason for it, it'd be nice to read about specific approaches to modding and management.
Loctav

dkun wrote:

Could go well in a wiki page, fwiw?
I second this.
peppy
Has the wiki page been made yet? If not, why not? Mark this as aded when it has.
deadbeat

peppy wrote:

Has the wiki page been made yet? If not, why not? Mark this as aded when it has.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Alumni just needs updating i guess
ReVeNg3r

Ephemeral wrote:

"they were staff at one point" is enough justification for normal users as to why a certain individual is an alumni
then everyone can switch to alumni and fuck the world
deadbeat
Loctav, Winshley and myself have updated the list.
we also added a small note as to what they were