forum

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Patch 2.2 26/03/14

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Rantai
So I finally got all my crafts to 50, all that's left is my gathering classes (ugh).

I'm really excited for 2.1, especially Titan extreme (considering how many free merc runs we do, it'd be nice to see a harder version; screw win sellers and their ways) and housing. Not so happy about the CT 8 man, pug alliance only system though. That's going to be a huge dampener on my enjoyment (ew pugs).

I may or may not be sad that there is no Nanamo pet =.=
Justykanna

Rantai wrote:

So I finally got all my crafts to 50, all that's left is my gathering classes (ugh).

I'm really excited for 2.1, especially Titan extreme (considering how many free merc runs we do, it'd be nice to see a harder version; screw win sellers and their ways) and housing. Not so happy about the CT 8 man, pug alliance only system though. That's going to be a huge dampener on my enjoyment (ew pugs).
Never got to 50. Subbed for a month, then didn't resub (time sink, paying for two MMOs sucks).

I couldn't stand leveling Botany - though it was a lot more tolerable when I spammed Leves.

The Ifrit and Titan (assuming that's the Titan you're referring to) was sooooo much fun. Are there other Primal fights?
And yes, ew pugs. When we actually did Titan, we had an Archer (yes, Archer, not Bard) run across and into the Titan's line-knockback... He/she wasn't the brightest...
Topic Starter
Rantai
If you never made it to 50 then I assume you only did the storyline version.

There is another storyline fight with Garuda but all 3 pale in comparison to their hard modes (technically still part of the story). Ifrit and Garuda (basically the same stuff) aren't very challenging but Titan has been a pretty big blockade for a lot of people (if you thought pugs were bad at dodging weights or landslides...). It is at least 10x more fun than the storyline version though. Coils is even better though, especially turn 5 and its bunch of pain.

Recently we tried to do a 7 PLD/1 SCH run and a 7 SMN/1 SCH run. First one went well, second one went to crap very quickly Dx

And yeah leves are the only thing keeping me sane as I round out my last classes.
Justykanna

Rantai wrote:

If you never made it to 50 then I assume you only did the storyline version.

There is another storyline fight with Garuda but all 3 pale in comparison to their hard modes (technically still part of the story). Ifrit and Garuda (basically the same stuff) aren't very challenging but Titan has been a pretty big blockade for a lot of people (if you thought pugs were bad at dodging weights or landslides...). It is at least 10x more fun than the storyline version though. Coils is even better though, especially turn 5 and its bunch of pain.

Recently we tried to do a 7 PLD/1 SCH run and a 7 SMN/1 SCH run. First one went well, second one went to crap very quickly Dx

And yeah leves are the only thing keeping me sane as I round out my last classes.
Nah. Leveled to 38. I used the story for quests if that's what you're asking. I did side quests when I couldn't continue the main story without leveling.

We actually ran a bunch of dungeons with some pugs that weren't half bad. That archer was really the only 'bad' one we had. Usually I'd be fine with that though since we had our tank, healer and melee covered. But they weren't even a Bard yet. I mean, come on. It might be just me, but I find dodging stuff to be a touch slower than I'm using to (than World of Warcraft or Ragnarok Online 2). But they ran INTO an attack.

How's Titan get harder? I mean... he wasn't easy but... xD

You had to be killing the boss insanely slow with seven Paladins... lols.

I didn't get terribly far with a lot of classes. I really only concentrated on Culinarian and Botanist, since my sister in law got the armor stuff and my brother got the weaving stuff. I really only 'started' Culinarian and Botany when I poped 30 on my main class. xD
Ivalset
Most of the people I was playing with have quit, so to kill time I've been doing only DF titan HM pugs this week to cap myth.

I think I've spent at least 12-14 hours this week with 6 successful runs. I'd be doing more now, but maintenance. I actually really enjoy duty finder Titan, most people there have been struggling for weeks+ to get their relic and are some combination of terrible and frustrated. There is no finer form of entertainment.

As far as 2.1, the only thing I'm really looking forward to is inventory sort and warrior changes. Still don't really like how any of the classes play and am kind of waiting for new jobs/classes.
Justykanna

Ivalset wrote:

Most of the people I was playing with have quit
It's really unfortunate. It's not that it's a bad game either. =/

Ivalset wrote:

As far as 2.1, the only thing I'm really looking forward to is inventory sort
I wanted that when I was playing... inventory was a mess. D=
awp
I've been meaning to pick this up again but I've been really busy and I think the group that dragged me in has stopped playing as well.
Topic Starter
Rantai
Oh hell yes, Hildebrand is making his FABULOUS return.

Don't even care about the rest of the patch at this stage.
wolfn
I'm pretty excited for the new patch. A few friends and I have been trying to get a coil static so we can start going for turn 5, but not much progress yet. PvP sounds interesting; it also sounds like it will be a mess... Regardless, I'm glad to get some new content. omg extreme Titan omg

I didn't play ffxi or ffxiv 1.0; can anyone make an educated guess on likely classes/jobs to be added?
Topic Starter
Rantai
Well I'm pretty certain Musketeer will appear eventually (seeing as there is a Musketeer guild). Thief, Ninja and Samurai are probable too. Outside that... well it'd probably be best to find a ffxi player.

I'm hoping for Red Mage to be honest though.
andersson_old
Red Mage, Thief, Samurai are big candidates.

Crystal Tower is a huge disappointment. People running Coil will be over-geared for it already, and the fact that you can't enter with a full premade and have to DF with 16 people is a joke. It makes sense that they're gonna use CT to fill the itemlvl gap before Coil, but I can't accept the idea of getting stuck in a raid because you get assigned random strangers.

The Warrior buffs are probably the best thing about the patch. I enjoy the design of a 2hand wielder for a tanking class, but healing their current form is a completely different story.

Anyone playing this on Phoenix?
wolfn

Rantai wrote:

I'm hoping for Red Mage to be honest though.
I've thought that, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how it would work in this game. To be sure, I haven't played ffxi either.

andersson wrote:

The Warrior buffs are probably the best thing about the patch.
Mhmm. I don't play it personally but I know people who are extremely excited for their job to actually be viable. >_>

I also noticed the gun class thing after the fact, with a guild and an icon (in crest options for FC) already visible.
Ivalset
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... 3f3c43828a

Lot of good things in patch notes, a lot of sad nerfs as well.
Topic Starter
Rantai
Yeah.

That 300 million land price made my FC very sad. We've got a lot of farming ahead of us for the next 90 days (first class only!).

There's a lot of QQ going on about the SMN nerfs right now, it's kinda entertaining.

Edit: Oops wrong server
Topic Starter
Rantai
Dirty double post.

Our server finally saw its first house (and only a medium at that), I wonder how many houses are on other servers. I can't imagine there being too many but with the recent price drop maybe some popped up here and there.

Also free login period coming up this weekend, for anyone interested.
Noobita
so sad no one here has interest in it :< really good game
Justykanna

Noobita wrote:

so sad no one here has interest in it :< really good game
It's an excellent game. Only reason I don't sub is that I'm already paying for another MMO pay to play. =s
Mianki
I played the Real Reborn beta (which was fun) so I think I'm eligibile for the Free Weekend but sadly I'm working this whole weekend :(
Villani
Was thinking or re-buying the game, is the game still fun? Saw the new 2.2 patch... are the new patches really worthwhile, or are they just adding useless stuff to make it look like they're actually updating the game?
Topic Starter
Rantai
Depends on what you feel is worthwhile. Personally I am having more fun than I had from 2.0 and 2.1.

There was definitely a lot of content in this particular patch, both raids/fights and vanity/side content.

If I had to short list the major parts of the patch (that I was interested in anyway) they would be:

SPOILER
- 2nd Coil of Bahamut (end game raid)

- Leviathan and Moogle extreme primal fights

- Lost City of Amdapor dungeon (That music and Diabolos <3)

- Gardening (needs a house though, hit or miss for most people)

- Retainer Ventures (because apparently these retainers bring back items from bosses no one has beaten yet)

- Vanity System (basically transmog for all intents and purposes)

- Mastery Crafting books (significant jump in difficulty for crafters, finally something that will differentiate the good crafters from the average ones)

- Continuation of the relic weapon progression (this however is a massive massive grind, FF11 esque. Another hit or miss, but at this stage there are good alternatives to the weapon so getting this item is meant to be long term)

- And finally the best of them all: The continuation of the Hildibrand side story (I am so biased)

---------

There were also a couple more dungeons, a handful of other vanity additions and a bunch of changes to other side content (like guildleves, beastman dailies and pvp) but I didn't really pay too much attention to them.

Oh yeah, latency is less of an issue now. Even in Australia.
Mignuts
Every one in here is old enough to be my father.