forum

Hard to play after changing skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PinguimDeRitimo
I started 7k with arrows skin, and I was with that skin for a long time, until I changed to the skin of this guy https://osu.ppy.sh/users/1326008 to start to play 10k, (since my old skin don't have 10k skinned) and I liked it, so I changed for his skin. The problem is, I sometimes can't keeping up with the notes, even on beatmaps that I already have passed before. I think I'm with this new skin for 1 month or more and didn't get used to this skin yet, but 1 month isn't much time? I think my brain is missing out the shapes of the notes, because on my old skin the notes have diferent shapes, so what I do? I really want some help because I stopped completly to improving for any other key modes that is not 4k
DeltaNami
There are plenty of things that can change this - most of which are very small tweaks.

Your scroll speed might look different and faster on the new skin, so it might be worth messing around with it.

The note size, width, and hit positions can all be different and affect your reading. Mess around with it in the skin.ini file and see what you like!

You might also not like the LNs or just the general type of note. Find out which type you like most (arrow, circle, bar, diamond, etc.) And find a good skin that compliments it!

Hope this helps~
Topic Starter
PinguimDeRitimo
I think my highest problem with this skin is that I don't know what key to press even looking to the notes, and keep up pressing what I think that need to be pressed without knowing (basically spamming), especially when there many notes too close to each other (even worse with double notes or long notes together). I don't know how to explain this better, but basically the colors of the notes are not enough to me don't beacome confused, and even I thinking that I'm pressing the right note when looking, I still miss most of them. I'm playing for 3 stars for a very long time (even before changing skin) and because of this I completly stopped improving. I don't think my problem is with hit positions or speed, it looks fine for me.
JexTheGuest

PinguimDeRitimo wrote:

I started 7k with arrows skin, and I was with that skin for a long time, until I changed to the skin of this guy https://osu.ppy.sh/users/1326008 to start to play 10k, (since my old skin don't have 10k skinned) and I liked it, so I changed for his skin. The problem is, I sometimes can't keeping up with the notes, even on beatmaps that I already have passed before. I think I'm with this new skin for 1 month or more and didn't get used to this skin yet, but 1 month isn't much time? I think my brain is missing out the shapes of the notes, because on my old skin the notes have diferent shapes, so what I do?
that happens-I try to memorize the hit locations for this type of reason.