forum

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tony
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:00:35 PM

Artist: Lana Del Rey
Title: Born To Die
Tags: IceBeam SadKangaroo Happy Birthday Tonoicutzu
BPM: 86
Filesize: 19551kb
Play Time: 04:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Beamsy (1.38 stars, 209 notes)
  2. Die (4.19 stars, 400 notes)
Download: Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
Download: Lana Del Rey - Born To Die (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Warning! Explicit content in the video!
Hello people. This is not a happy song. It's a reminder that we should enjoy life as it is and don't care about bad things that happens to us.
It's been a rough year, (08.08.2012 - 08.08.2013) with it's goods and bads, and for those that I angryed/annoyed/offended,
I'm really sorry. I know that an apology won't make everything like it was before.
Special thanks to IceBeam for everything <3333

PS: Happy 20 Summers to me :P

I need to mention some things about some persons that have been such great friends and that I'm really lucky that I met them
through this game. Those who I didn't mention and we are in a mutual friendship, don't be sad. I love you guys anyhow. Though
maybe we don't have so much memories together.

Akhlis
- A great friend, we knew each other since a while now. Been there for me when I needed. Stop being a bitch and start being
an "interesting" biatch xD

Andrea
- My hero. I can't thank you enough for the things you did to me. You are such a great person and you deserve everything in life.
He have some nice memories together on teamspeak (those funny moments when you were singing Gunther hahaha).

Gabe
- We met not long ago. Some comflicts appeared in the pasa but I see you forgave me. You are a really nice person, with a huge heart! <3 I love having you as a friend. Hope we will get closer in future~

IceBeam
- The best man on osu! We know each other since you did that Beamsy for my Bad Apple!! map. We are besties since then. Great
friend, been there for me everytime I needed help. I don't remember us being in a fight lol. I think a real friendship bounded
between us and I hope this will never change. Thank you for being such a great friend to me and never letting me down ;)

Lucifer-
-Oh god. My little bad gurl. We spent so much time on skype laughing and sharing secrets. Since we met we had little fights
that didn't last for more than a day lol. We gathered so many memories together in these two years since we know each other..
Hope that destiny will make us meet one day (hopefully this year) and do crazy stuff xDD

Outrunner
-Pro hax. The smart one around here... I don't even remember how I met you on osu! But still I can remember our long discutions about
geek stuff. Man I always admire your awesomeness lol

Piotrekol
-Oh my god. You've been the one that helped me play better. I remember stalking you in multi rooms just to play with you
because back then you were #1 on a nightcore song. haha. You helped me with recording some replays. Thank you for being a great
friend :D

Puskin
- Oh my love <3 Haha xDD We were rivals more than 1 year. What a great friend you are. Those everyday multiplayer trainings. We
were playing the same songs over and over again... and everytime I wanted to contact you, you were saying the same phrase: "nu e acasa. doarme". Haha XD
Awesome man.

Raffey
- I forgot to add you initially. We know each other since alot now... you helped me with recording osu! replays. You're such a facebook wh*re xDD
Love you man <3

Reiji-RJ
- Reiji~~ You were always to me. We talked on skype a bit and had fun singing karaoke haha. You touhou fangirl. keep up the great work on your maps xD
(PS: And make a gd for icebeam's t-ara map. kthxbai lol)

Ruidoso
-Batu. We used to spend all day gossiping, telling jokes, spamming #turkish. You used to learn me turkish and I used to learn you romanian. So much memories
we have. We had some huge fights but both decided to forget them, hopefully xD

ShadowSoul
-Niggaaaa. Justin so pro. I need to say that you are a great person and you deserve what's best in life. I remember back then, when we first talked. You pm'd me
"I love you <3" and I was like wwaaaatt?? haha. Don't stop being pro at osu please.

Shulin
- My little BIAATCH. We have some funny memories gathered. We used to laugh at those with "poor ingleasch". We both like gossiping and everytime we had the chance
to gossip we did it lol. You have that british sense of humor that I really adore. I hope that destiny will make me go to UK and kill hug you <3

Vass_Bass
- My crazy rock gurll. What an amazing person and friend. We had a little fight at the beggining but I think we're alright now. I will not forget those skype conferences
with you and reiji singing like crazeeehh haha. Too bad IceBeam didn't join us :(
IceBeam
happy birthday Tonyooo~
happy birthday Tonyooo~
happy birthday happy birthday
happy birthday Tonyooooooooooooo!!

<3<3<3<lovelovelove
Lucifer-
Tony, I know we had our fights.. We actually had a conflict 1h ago XD but you know I love you. The truth is you're one of the persons I care the most about. <3
Andrea
Happy Birthday Tony <333
Kodora
Happy Birthday!
Roxas
Happy Birthday Tony ♥
Dreamcast
Happy birthday Tony ^_^
Vass_Bass
Owww my Tonynyan~ Happy Birhday to you! I'm glad that we met <3 Be a good guy as you now, love you!
Lalalalaa~~~~
Reiji-RJ
OHHHH you little (not so little now!) nyasha!! Happy Birthday to you, my dear To~Ny~ You are awesome. Be awesome always <333
Shulin
Happy Birthday Tony ~
Topic Starter
Tony
Thanks guys <333
Shulin
Lost the conversation but discussed and fixed some stuff (honest!):

- Whistle and hitsounds
- A spinner or something
- mp3 got changed
- Video added
- Some rhythm changes
- Lana Del Ray is a bish and can't sing on time, BPM seems constant though.

I think that's about it.
Topic Starter
Tony
stupid bancho disconnects made us loose the log. but anyways... thanks alot :P
Leader
Hello

[Die]
  1. 00:17:009 (4) - I'd change slider position to a more symmetric one, since current one doesn't fit much in my opinion. Try this instead (you have to change spacing of next notes a bit):
  2. 00:22:242 (3) - This circle has a quite loud volume in a calm part of the song, what about changing to soft sampleset? Looks nicer to me.
  3. 01:07:940 (1) - Adding a kiai fountain on this note would be great!
  4. 03:02:358 (1) - Here too! But I wouldn't do that because kiai is going to arrive soon, so there's no really need, but you should apply the first one I suggested because it really fits well in my opinion
  5. 01:43:521 (5,6) - What about a blanket? I think it plays better than now and looks cooler too
  6. 04:03:405 (6) - It's almost the same pattern as above, so..
  7. 02:14:916 (6) - Mmm, I've noticed that it should flow better if you move this slider some grids up (ye, kinda nazi)
  8. 04:26:777 (2) - Seems like you forgot to add Normal sampleset here and 04:32:358 (3) - here too (or it's just me..)
[Beamsy]
  1. 00:36:544 (3) - I'm not sure of this slider, this doesn't play good after (2) and before (4). I tried this instead, tell me what you think:
  2. 01:53:288 (2) - I'd rather unstack this because map was used to have only 1/2 stacks, so this note can confuse many new players.
  3. 03:25:381 (2) - Well, same (even if this should be more understandable..)
  4. 04:07:242 (2) - Just my opinion, but what about flipping this slider horizontally? It works well to me.
That's all. Great map!

SPOILER
And happy birthday! :D (late)
Reiji-RJ
Hello, To~ny <3

General

1. Remove sound from video!
Beamsy

1. 00:14:219 (3) - убери финиш, не звучит. Тем более у тебя нет больше финишей на таких моментах
  2. 02:06:544 (1,2,3,4) - ты что, копипастишь? xD
  3. 03:49:800 (1,2,3,4) - нет, зачем ты их копипастишь?!
Die

1. 00:23:288 ~ 01:07:940 - add some more beats?
  2. 00:27:126 (3) - for example here in the end
  3. 00:33:405 (2) - here
  4. 00:35:846 (1) - in the end and so on!
  5. and in the chorus too D:
  6. 02:55:381 (3) - actually, I don't thing 2 repeats fit here. Maybe remove 1?
  7. 04:26:777 (2) - you forgot to put normal for clap :P
That's all! Good luck <3
IceBeam
Topic Starter
Tony
I feexd sumsinks too, I added sum circlez too and a reduced volume normal-sliderslide.wav
BTW Reiji , there is no audio in video file. updated thankss~
Roxas
I have only to say that you should change BG size... Both diffs are fine for me. Gj \:D/
YTYuyu
hey~ sorry for the delay ><. mod requested on my queue.

Bold: Unrankable/must fix.
Red: Should be fixed, but up to you.
Green: Suggestion. Feel free to ignore this if you don't like it.
Blue: Comments, Advice, or Other.

[General]
that BG size isn't 4:3. set it to 800x600 at least to make it rankable.

[Beamsy]
00:25:381 (3) - personally, i think that rotating this slider like this would make the flow smoother to follow for beginners during gameplay IMO.
00:34:451 (1) - i feel that the finish gives too much emphasis when following the vocals. in other words it's a bit too noisy for me. how about reducing it by 10% so that it'd give the right amount of emphasis in the vocals IMO?
00:56:777 (1) - ^
01:26:777 (3) - same as 00:25:381, but flip it horizontally instead.
01:32:358 (3) - i'm feeling a finish at the end because i feel that this part in the BGM stands out the most, so the finish would give emphasis to that part in the BGM during gameplay IMO.
01:37:940 (3) - same as 00:25:381, but this time, move it up, and same as above about the finish. both with the same reasons.
01:54:684 (3) - same as 01:32:358.
02:36:544 (3) - same as 01:37:340 about moving it up.
02:42:126 (3) - same as 01:32:358.
03:04:451 (3) - i think you can add soft whistles with normal hitsounds at both ends for that emphasis in the piano. i really think that it sounds nice and it'll play more effectively in this part due to the emphasis during gameplay.
03:07:940 (1) - same as above, but at the beginning only.
03:10:033 (3,4) - ^ (this applies to (4)).
03:51:893 (3) - same as 01:37:940 about moving it up.
04:03:056 (3) - same as 01:32:358, and same as 00:25:381, but like this.
04:25:381 (3) - same as 00:25:381.

[Die]
00:12:126 - the beginning of this part is too noisy and distracting to follow for players, so for this one, reduce it by 10-20% so that it'd sound not as noisy as before.
00:12:823 (2) - i feel that spacing this out by 0.3x would make the diff more fun and flowy for players during gameplay IMO.
00:26:777 (2,3) - if this is a normal diff(which i assume), then i highly suggest that you replace this for one whole slider to follow the vocals and drums properly during gameplay.
01:12:823 (4,5) - for this one, replace this for a circle and a 1/1 slider so that it'll follow the vocals nicely, and it'll be similar to 01:09:684 (5,6) - since the phrase is similar in the vocals and the pitch is the same.
01:42:126 (2) - same as 00:12:823.
01:43:870 (6) - think you can blanket (5) for that smoothness in the diff? i feel that it plays off and a bit odd during gameplay.
02:23:986 (2) - same as 00:12:823
02:29:567 (2) - ^
02:34:451 (1,2,3) - ^
02:51:893 (2) - ^
03:10:033 (4) - since i see a soft sampleset, i think you're missing a whistle here to emphasize the piano in this part. if you are then add a whistle at the beginning for that emphasis.
04:01:661 (2) - same as 00:12:823.
04:03:405 (6) - same as 01:43:870.
04:19:801 (4) - i think you're missing a clap with a normal sampleset for consistency with the claps, so for this one, add a clap with a normal sampleset at the beginning for that purpose.
the only concern i have is the volume in the timing points at the beginning, right when the singer starts singing as it's too loud for a calm song like this. use IceBeam's volume selection since the volume sounds just right in the timing points.

and that's all i got. this is a pretty good set, i'll admit. here's a star and GL on the map :D.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.