forum

Admiration and Inspiration

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
boat
Art appreciation general. Should be obvious what to post here.

Ground rules:
SPOILER
  • ⋅ Feel like posting more than two images? Use spoilerboxes, please thank you.
    ⋅ If available, provide links to the original artist's portfolio.
    ⋅ Discussions are fine and encouraged, just don't start flamewars and don't go yelling "your tastes are bad you're bad" just because you feel like it.
    ⋅ Don't post your own work. There are several threads designated for that already.
    ⋅ The Kawaii General thread is that way.
    ⋅ Photography is fine.

Browsing through my inspiration folder and finding CQC by DerMonkey has made me realize how much I suck at painting scenery and admire those with the ability to create so much action through so little detail.

Snailman by Mr--Jack is geniously adorable and really makes me want to use snails as a subject more often than I already do.

Minah

Rococo Orianna by LamierFang
so beautiful ;w; i want this skin for league :<
Bweh

Buy a new car by HJL. Practically a master of impressionism. I always enjoy looking at his works up close, find nothing amazing, and then take a step back. It's almost baffling how realistic his works seem even though it looks like little thought went into rendering. Also made me realize how close my monitor is to my face.

PokeMonster Hunter by Endling. I fell in love with his art style about three years ago. He always reminds me how one doesn't need to sit down for twelve hours just to draw something properly; simple sometimes is best. But it also reminds me how limited my vision is, since it only shows I don't have a clear idea of what I want to draw.
Bread
ohh I like koyamori's paintings a lot

They're just so nice to look at, not to mention they're all done in watercolor too so props to her, I mean watercolor stuff is expeeeeensive