forum

How do I read slowjam?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Haengsyo
How do you read and acc slowjam? I can’t seem to read anything slowjam for 7k(but on 4k I can). For example, I constantly get 90% on the intro for Mahou Ga with DT, yet I know I can acc the intro if it was regular scroll speed. However, players my rank and below seem to have no problem reading slowjam, so I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or if I should train slowjam separately by playing low SS
YyottaCat
Slowjam is really hard to do but I just stare at the judgement line instead of the combo.
-NoName-
I pinged you on Discord about this, but for posterity's sake I'll answer it here too:

From where you'd normally look at the screen, look closer to your judgment line than you normally world. The slower the scrolling/SV, the further down you would look, assuming downscroll.

As you're a 7K player, two relatively easy 7K maps you can try this on are Lulu's Everlasting Guilty Crown and Cryolien's Nanairo Anniversary.

Your actual rhythmic ability starts to matter a little more here too. Utilize that as much as you can
DeltaNami
The best way I learned was actually from playing 1k SV maps lmao. I found it better to learn the song and patterns and then play it from memory/pure rhythm. Naturally, it's harder with multiple keys, but not impossible. Also, as people have been pointing out, it's good to play more slow jam or play lower scroll to practice where to look and how to hit.
DJ K1RA
start decreasing your scroll speed until it's almost comfortable and play with that for a while... decrease again and so on and so forth...
slow jam is essentially just a patience trainer and good for practicing reading imo