forum

Massive PA/MA ratio problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PeteN00b
So.. I've been back to mania for like maybe 2 weeks now and I've noticed that for some reason I have a really bad problem with PA/MA ratio (300 to 300!). Really not sure what happened here, and I don't think it's rust at this point.. (surely not after 2 weeks at least)

Tried playing easier maps, rotating between skins but didn't seem to really help all that much, feel like I'm missing something really fundamental here lol

For anyone asking how bad it is:
I get around 0.8/0.9:1 PA:MA ratio even on 4* maps (e.g 1.3k 300, 1.4k 300!) as compared to previously getting 0.4/0.5:1 PA:MA ratio even back when I was rusty on other occasions

Help give tips
matvey_dub
First of all look up how to set up universal offset. Mine is set on -60ms for example.
Then it's just practice. You have to feel the timing for marvelous window. Once you do, your ratio will immediately improve significantly.
DJ K1RA
I'd recommend playing easy maps and try figure out why you hit late... is it your offset or your keyboard maybe... do you play in windowed mode (that takes a lot of latency usually) and so on