forum

osu! for linux/ubuntu 13.04

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yukie
I actually found a much simpler method of installing osu! to ubuntu 13.04. Someone may already have found it, but I am posting the topic just in case.
You will need to do all the steps involving installing wine, and .net, yes. But the easiest part, you download the installer that you would normally use for the MAC, since it is a ZIP. You extract the ZIP file, and you have the entire osu! folder where you extracted it. All the files are there, including the game exe, and osume.exe. After that, simply use wine to run osume.exe, which will put the rest of the files into your folder, and then you can run the game exe from there. Simple and fast.
uzzi
FPS wise, how is it? Does it seem playable? Also I'm pretty sure there was another thread regarding getting osu! to work on ubuntu, posting there would've been a better idea :P
Espionage724
Hmm, this would work; although you could also grab the osume.exe file, and just run that to download everything as well. Might be cleaner, but also you'd probably have to download a little bit more.
Mithos
Where can we get just the osume.exe file?
Espionage724
ItsMeViper
I'm having some sound issues, like I can't hear anything when I start the game. Any help ?
Espionage724

abales93 wrote:

I'm having some sound issues, like I can't hear anything when I start the game. Any help ?
Are you using Ubuntu or any variant other than Lubuntu? A better question might be, does the distro you're using come with PulseAudio, or just straight ALSA (more-recent Ubuntu versions and all variants except Lubuntu use PulseAudio; Lubuntu uses ALSA)?

Does sound work in other places? What version is your Wine at?
lemonadejuice_old
Yes, it's working on me too...(on 13.10, btw) But I got error message after the latest upgrade, has anyone got this too? Or even maybe fix it?
CTyDeHT

lemonadejuice wrote:

Yes, it's working on me too...(on 13.10, btw) But I got error message after the latest upgrade, has anyone got this too? Or even maybe fix it?
I have same problem after last update (Kubuntu 12.04)