forum

[duplicate] Suggestion for the Autopilot mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
Since the Autopilot mod is meant for practicing rhythms, I think we should be able to see where we missed/broke a combo.

It would also be cool if we could use Autopilot mod in test mode, and have the "mistimed hits" appear on the left while playing autopilot. This could be useful to know where you are slowing down/speeding up during a stream.

deadbeat edit: t/16005
rust45
support, plus show the life bar so we can even see if we would've passed with right movements of the mouse.
anonymous_old
Yeah, I really hate NOT seeing my X's in Autopilot and Relax.
Aoitenshi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
I agree with this, for Autopilot mode.
Lybydose
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Lybydose wrote:

I agree with this as well.

Autopilot also needs to instantly move the cursor to the next circle and stay there until I either hit it or miss, rather than mimicking auto mod. Maps with large distance spacing or jumps are harder to pass than if I were just playing normally, because the cursor stays on circles for shorter than the window to hit them for 300.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12928
Xiao_old
+1 for showing where you missed.

The problem with jumps is trivial I'd say, because:

1) It's unranked. You can play with No Fail on and hit 50s/Xs on the jumps.
2) The point of Autopilot is to practise rhythms which are usually densely packed.
3) Jumps are, due to technicality's sake, almost always 1/4 notes or sometimes 1/8 notes. I've yet to see jumps that aren't straight forward.
4) If you find jumps with awkward rhythms you could just listen to it on Auto anyway.

Unless you could prove me wrong.
anonymous_old

Xiaounlimited wrote:

The problem with jumps is trivial I'd say, because:

1) It's unranked. You can play with No Fail on and hit 50s/Xs on the jumps.
2) The point of Autopilot is to practise rhythms which are usually densely packed.
3) Jumps are, due to technicality's sake, almost always 1/4 notes or sometimes 1/8 notes. I've yet to see jumps that aren't straight forward.
4) If you find jumps with awkward rhythms you could just listen to it on Auto anyway.

Unless you could prove me wrong.
You're misunderstanding the issue. The problem is, the cursor is not on the hit circle except at the exact moment the note should be hit, give or take a few ms. Thus, the timing window is MUCH smaller than the 300 timing window is, which usually results in X's because the cursor isn't on the note even if you would get a 300 if it were.
Xiao_old
I understood it. What I'm pointing out is: does it really matter at all in this particular mod mode?

It'd be a cool fix I guess, but ultimately, I don't see it mattering very much at all.
anonymous_old

Xiaounlimited wrote:

I understood it. What I'm pointing out is: does it really matter at all in this particular mod mode?

It'd be a cool fix I guess, but ultimately, I don't see it mattering very much at all.
If you miss because your cursor isn't in the right position, what's the point of having Autopilot at all?
Skyripper