forum

beat divisor feedback

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tawaa
Hi I'm working on mapping this beatmapsets/1579971#osu/3226209
and I found that the overall beat divisor is 1/6 (I hope it's correct)
but it seems some parts are not 1/6 and I guess what beat divisor they are.

For example,
00:08:991 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - seems 1/5 not 1/6
00:56:313 (2,3,4,5,6) - here also seems 1/5
but 02:31:567 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - here and rest of the map seems 1/6

I have terrible timing ability. I cant define which part follows what beat divisor. So, I really appriciate can someone help me out this mess!!
WitherMite
nah, its all 1/6

vocals are just sometimes weird, since people cant be perfectly in time, but the song is swing, and the instrumental lines up mainly with 1/3 snap.

in general 1/5 is really rare in music.
Topic Starter
tawaa

WitherMite wrote:

nah, its all 1/6

vocals are just sometimes weird, since people cant be perfectly in time, but the song is swing, and the instrumental lines up mainly with 1/3 snap.

in general 1/5 is really rare in music.
but I got so many feedback/modding that offset is weird. should I just ignore that feedback?
WitherMite
no, offset is different from beatsnap divisor, if someone says its off it might be.

though after a bit more looking it seems ok to me, the singer is just really out of time in places compared to the instruments tbh. maybe lower OD a bit to compensate for that? trying to line up each object to vocals would just make it harder to acc. could do some bpm changes to match up places that the instruments drop out though.
Topic Starter
tawaa

WitherMite wrote:

no, offset is different from beatsnap divisor, if someone says its off it might be.

though after a bit more looking it seems ok to me, the singer is just really out of time in places compared to the instruments tbh. maybe lower OD a bit to compensate for that? trying to line up each object to vocals would just make it harder to acc. could do some bpm changes to match up places that the instruments drop out though.
wait how bpm change could solve this problem? I think it will cause more problem since at least the instruments are on right bpm
WitherMite

tawaa wrote:

wait how bpm change could solve this problem? I think it will cause more problem since at least the instruments are on right bpm
I mean adding new red lines in places where the only sound is vocals. you can then change bpm for that timing point to line up the next vocal sound and add a new one to line up the next sound, repeating until the instruments come back where you go right back to the constant bpm you have. its called variable bpm, people use it to time human error and songs that accelerate or decelerate. it might not be worth the effort for this song though.