forum

Video Game Controllers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Discuss.

imo 360 Controller (wired) is the most awesome so far, but the Wii Classic Controller Pro is looking sexy. I used to like the Wiimote, but it seems pretty boring now. It's awkward to hold sideways, and it only has two buttons when held like a wand. Also, it's way too expensive, and the motion sensing isn't all that.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday
360 controller is absolute garbage for playing fighters
Pokebis
The mouse and keyboard reigns supreme!
Ivalset
SNES controller.

I knew a guy when I was in elementary school who played all games with the controller upside down, and I could never figure out why.
Loginer
Overall, nothing can beat the 360 controller. The GameCube controller is pretty good, too. I do, however, prefer KB/M for first-person games.
adam2046
The 360 controller was made of fail.

Yeah the PS controllers are the must comfortable and usable (I rather like the sega controllers besides the Dreamcast)
lukewarmholiday
Gamecube controller is greatest controller ever to grace gaming
awp
yeah GC was pretty good

I hate the 360 controller because they took the SNES ABXY buttons and fucking flipped them around so the A button is the B button and shit

Also "Right Bumper" fuck off is it the first R button or the second R button
LuigiHann

awp wrote:

Also "Right Bumper" fuck off is it the first R button or the second R button
I actually find the "bumper" and "trigger" distinction to be pretty intuitive. R1 and R2 tended to mystify me because I never really got into the whole Playstation thing when it was big.
awp
The abbreviation "RB" makes me think there's an "RA". That'd work if RB was R2 and not R1.
phill_old
GC controller is probably my favourite, but I feel like the Wii's D-Pad is better.
awp
DreamCast controllers are very comfortable to hold
Ekaru
Wii remote + Motion Plus + Tiger Woods 10 = Excellent. It accurately reflects good golfer's good swings, and also reflects my really crappy swing. Give it a try sometime, you'd be amazed at how that tiny box makes the controller do what it was designed to do! Otherwise it varies greatly from game to game. In some games it feels right in every way. In other games it makes you want to punch the developers.

Also, thank God for the nunchuck.

That said, last gen I liked the GC controller the best. It just felt... right.

The n64 wins just for being a really silly controller. Like, you can't get all of the buttons at once without really stretching your fingers, and that just feels weird. Whose idea was it to make it like that? I mean, it made it a pain to taunt in SSB.

I like the Classic Controller, though. Quite comfortable for me, probably my favorite controller. It just rests in my hands and all the buttons are right there and easily accessible. I always play Brawl with that controller.

The PS(2) controllers are my least favorite, but they work. Wait, there was a time I used an XBOX controller. But I didn't know what I was doing, so I think that doesn't count.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mashley
Portable consoles are the best controller for obvious reasons.
awp
Have you used the PSP's joystick? It's pretty terrible/awkward. Also, your right thumb will cover the battery light so the low battery warning is kinda useless (though that in a way can't be the fault of the controller, but the overall system design). Yeah, I don't think the control scheme on all portables is top notch.