forum

how tf i get better at speed lol

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hotdog_dog
Hi guys, i just wanted to ask, how do i get better at speed lol, bc now im stuck on 5.5*, should i play other game like etterna, or practice a pattern in specific? pls help
DeltaNami
Now is a good time to start practicing skillsets as opposed to general skill. Make collections of Jack maps, stamina maps, speed maps, tech maps, etc. And use those to hone in on specific skills that need improvement. Also use a rate changer if songs are too hard or easy for you, as that will allow you to use the same maps for even more practice.

As a side note, playing etterna will help, but only if you can fully grasp the system. It takes a while to navigate the menus, learn controls and settings, and much more, but I find it a lot more useful for practicing than osu.
edp446
I was like you about a year ago. Asked people on the forums. Nobody gave me a good answer. Why? There wasn't a shortage of players active on this forum who were good at speed. So I sold my soul to the depths of hell to access a plethora of godly speed maps. The devil won't appear in front of you to make a deal when you ask him however. You must drive yourself to the deepest depths of hell, suffering left and right from the inability to play speed. Lay in this realm for a few months, perhaps even a year, then you will meet the Devil. We are not allowed to speak of this and I'm risking my very existence. He is currently looking for me. Here is the folder of all godly speed maps: drive.google.com/3ju39a-
McEndu

edp446 wrote:

I was like you about a year ago. Asked people on the forums. Nobody gave me a good answer. Why? There wasn't a shortage of players active on this forum who were good at speed. So I sold my soul to the depths of hell to access a plethora of godly speed maps. The devil won't appear in front of you to make a deal when you ask him however. You must drive yourself to the deepest depths of hell, suffering left and right from the inability to play speed. Lay in this realm for a few months, perhaps even a year, then you will meet the Devil. We are not allowed to speak of this and I'm risking my very existence. He is currently looking for me. Here is the folder of all godly speed maps: drive.google.com/3ju39a-
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
teu
try reading notes at a high speed till you master it
Haengsyo
play maps that you can 725k on. When you can get 725k, go up in difficulty. rinse and repeat. Constantly push what you can play. why 725k? anything below that can be considered mostly mashing. Anything above that means its a little too comfortable for maximum improvement. 725k is the sweet spot between too hard and too easy.
Password1234

edp446 wrote:

Not Found
Error 404
midgy
gonna copy paste what i said on another thread about speed:

raw speed files are almost entirely a reading skill but it's capped out by how well you can one hand trill, for exmaple you can't control 300bpm streams unless you can one hand trill 150 effectively. i'm guessing you can do the physical aspect of it since you're so good at jacks? i'd suggest checking out a huge variety of speed files from different people and don't be afraid of more technical "weird" stuff. the best way to work on speed and make sure you're not manipulating and forming bad habits is by trying to get a 99% and if you can only then put it up a rate because it's extremely easy to just mash a low S on these types of files.

raw speed would be more like : beatmapsets/1668440

beatmapsets/786343

beatmapsets/396781

beatmapsets/309656

and more technical based speed would be more like: beatmapsets/1685044

beatmapsets/1586494

beatmapsets/770298

beatmapsets/885487

beatmapsets/1232243