forum

Smoke mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Aoitenshi

Gens wrote:

2. Where would it fit? The Difficulty Mods line is already filled up D:
Perhaps Make a scrolling screen?
mattyu007

Aoitenshi wrote:

Gens wrote:

Perhaps Make a scrolling screen?
Ugly =/
Echo

LuigiHann wrote:

It wasn't really a bug. It was just a second "effect skin" that he did (using a skinned sliderfollowcircle)
My mistake.

Gens wrote:

Bunch them closer together? Who cares? I think we can leave the design issues to peppy. He *does* know how to design a game and he *does* know how to code, you know.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi

LuigiHann wrote:

The large number of difficulty mods doesn't say to me "Where will we put a new one?," it says 'Why do we need another one?"
expand game experience? chance of making it more interesting?

i myself am neutral on this though. i dont really FEEL the need for another mod.
LuigiHann
I'm fairly neutral as well, but while I can understand the differences, this seems similar enough to Hidden and Flashlight that I don't think it's a very compelling addition.
Mashley
I don't like the concept of this mod, but I like how it would 'adapt' to the players performance.
I think we could have an 'Adapt' mod that only works when another 'difficulty increase' mod (not counting sudden death) is being used. It makes the effect of the mod more extreme depending on how high the player's combo is. Hard Rock gets smaller clircles, higher overall and a faster drain, Double Time gets faster, Hidden's circles fade out earlier, and Flashlight's flashlight gets smaller. When the combo is broken, all the settings go back to normal for the mods being used. This should add a score increase AFTER the mod increases are added, because it gets harder the more mods are being used. What do you guys think?
anonymous_old

Agent Spin Here wrote:

Double Time gets faster
Variable BPM depending on performance? No.

Agent Spin Here wrote:

Flashlight's flashlight gets smaller
This is already the case.

I don't like your idea, ASH. I can't come up with a convincing argument against Hard Rock being affected other than varying hit circle approach times. Similarly with Hidden.
Derekku

Agent Spin Here wrote:

I don't like the concept of this mod, but I like how it would 'adapt' to the players performance.
I think we could have an 'Adapt' mod that only works when another 'difficulty increase' mod (not counting sudden death) is being used. It makes the effect of the mod more extreme depending on how high the player's combo is. Hard Rock gets smaller clircles, higher overall and a faster drain, Double Time gets faster, Hidden's circles fade out earlier, and Flashlight's flashlight gets smaller. When the combo is broken, all the settings go back to normal for the mods being used. This should add a score increase AFTER the mod increases are added, because it gets harder the more mods are being used. What do you guys think?
Sounds like it would make it too hard. Bye bye high scores w/ mods <_<
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

I think he means an extra mod which causes that effect.
Derekku

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

I think he means an extra mod which causes that effect.
Whoops, misread that. *goes back to sleep* x_x
qlum
I support this idea as long as the smoke effects look good and are not to heavy for weaker computers osu can use an extra mod
jonathan_old
Instead of just being a difficulty increase, why not a special that has smoke, fireworks and colorful strobe effects, just like a live performance? And when Kiai time shows up, make these effects more vigorous.
just a quick suggestion...
Hanyuu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
I like the mod idea. It would look cool if done correctly

But, this brings up another point that I have never liked and will never like. Mods giving out points. What I like to see in rhythm games is that mods are okay to use for fun, but they should not affect the competition factor at all. (of course disqualify scores done with any mods that make the game easier, but scores done with harder mods can be counted just as usual, ie with no multiplier, bonus, or reduciton)

Also, this has the bonus effect that we can freely add mods without forcing people to go back to old maps and play them again every time when a new mod with a score multiplier is introduced. Tbh I see more problems in the future the more mods are added if the system isn't changed.
FurukawaPan

strager wrote:

Smoke + Flashlight ... xD
haha, I had an idea, it's called the Blind mod. Multiplier is 1.4x, it turns your screen off while you play. :twisted:
Lesjuh
I think there shouldn't be ANY new score mods! All those previous scores on old maps can be broken with a new one D:
Gabi
Daru
I like the idea, and after fooling around a bit I tried it out.
Pretty cool. :)

If you have a good enough computer (500+fps normal), try this:

Wojjan

lesjuh wrote:

I think there shouldn't be ANY new score mods! All those previous scores on old maps can be broken with a new one D:
This is exactly what happened with flashlight, and I'd rather not have it happen again. I, for one, collect 1st places, and I don't want a new mod to come and ruin this all. Especially with a multiplier like 1.12. That's way too much for a fairly simple handicap.

-1 from me, we don't need any more mods other than MP powerups (if they will ever get here)
Hyperworm
-1, feels unnecessary (sorry).
I don't think this idea is revolutionary enough to be worth the effect mentioned in lesjuh/Wojjan's posts. We've covered "making the markers hard to see" twice already >_>
IMO, new mods at this point need to try something totally different, e.g. messing with the music, making the hit circles/sliders drift around, inserting random stalls into play... etc.
Stefan
Bumping.

Echo wrote:

So like flashlight inverse :P
My thoughts about it. That idea seems to be more as a fun mode but for serious ranks tbh.
bomber34
I like the idea actually
and it got requested a few times already ...
so yeah
my support :3

About the multiplicator ... idk just 1,06x?
1,12x is way to much even if it is an inverse to flashlight

You don't have to remember really everything so it is more like Hidden
stacks will be complicated and near notes too

... well ok I am not sure
but that can be discussed ^^