forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aurani

Railey2 wrote:

guys, my comment was satirizing B1rd's unrealistic faith in the positive forces of the free market.

Also lol at your murder rate and guns per 100 people argument:
You're once again seeing this as a one-dimensional problem.

You wouldn't even think for a second that there could be multiple factors, and that removing guns could possibly be benefitial if used in combination with other things, but maybe not on its own?

we're talking about reality here, not some closed off heavily controlled lab-experiment. Do you honestly think that there are no confounding factors that completely nullify this poor attempt of an argument?

stupid
Goddamnit Railey, don't ruin the fun. I enjoy watching our edgy Tasmanian boy discuss stuff that makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever in the real world.
B1rd
What part of my argument doesn't make sense in the real world.
Aurani
If I pointed it out, we'd start yet another branch of this discussion that will lead into nowhere, so I'll avoid pointing it out, but trust me, parts of it are wholly speculative and don't stand up to practices in the real world.

Anyways, I like your choice of books, but I have to add that as someone who is studying the field and has read the book, you don't want to read it if you want to find out something meaningful about the economics. I'm referring to "Economics in one lesson" here.
If your point is to read it only to be able to argue with some poor guy who doesn't know the first thing about the field, yeah, get it, but otherwise don't, as it places emphasis on some incredibly complex things that on the surface look simple and logical, but really need deeper analysis to argue about, so the book won't help you learn anything past the very, VERY basics and in that case you might as well just go on Google and read up on it instead. Not only that, but there are some serious fucking exaggerations in that book with which I cannot agree at all, so take it with a pinch of salt.

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion once you read it.
Railey2

B1rd wrote:

Now, this child labour thing is a common topic but there isn't much understanding of it. The Left looks at sweatshops and child labour and they think the solution is simply regulation, that these evil corporations are exploiting the poor workers and if only there were regulation everything would be fixed, and that the strongarm of the state is the solution to everything. Obviously this oversimplified way of thinking doesn't actually fix the problem, which is the poverty in that area, along with corrupt governments and things along those lines.
why not try for both?

*gasp*

Your text reads like you believe rights for workers aren't doing anything, anywhere.
B1rd
I don't know much about it but I've had it recommended by quite a few people. It's the first one I'll read so I'll tell you my opinion.
Hika
interrupts to tell aurani to eat my ass
Mahogany
Aurani

Hika wrote:

I seem to have failed in my mission to avoid being noticed by you.
Hika
Senpai always notices you.

Also I'm waiting for my birthday present pls send
Aurani
I have 3 birthdays to take care of this month, so it's a bad time for Hika to start noticing me.
GladiOol
insomnia sure is fun. haven't slept in 2 days. guess i have time to watch the lord of the rings trilogy in one go, so that's p cool.

hi hika whats ur adress. i have money and feel like spending, i'll send you a small gift because why not.
Hika
Send yourself gladi.

Still haven't met you after like fifty years.
GladiOol
yea thats because theres an ocean in the way
xch00F
bad
johnmedina999
dead
xch00F
bad
Razzy
play mania
xch00F
bad
Rurree

Hika wrote:

peep 👀
Hika
ummm choof is u good
xch00F
ye
kai99
ei tee tee
B1rd
B1rd: 1
Britbongs and Europoors: zero
Zain Sugieres

B1rd wrote:

B1rd: 1
Britbongs and Europoors: zero
Xd
Yuudachi-kun
Oh look it's choof
xch00F
bad
Yuudachi-kun
Play my putaria dump you chump
kai99
yay corn
xch00F
bad
abraker
I normally don't even look at ITT2. Where is this political and edgy debate everybody were killing themselves over for?
kai99
somewhere buried. im afraid to pull it up; refer to ot!neus ples.
Meah

POLITICAL DEBATES WHERE?

abraker wrote:

I normally don't even look at ITT2. Where is this political and edgy debate everybody were killing themselves over for?
kai99
L mao
Blitzfrog
L MAO
Aurani

abraker wrote:

The last thing this place needs is another half-baked wannabe politics expert. :p
Mahogany
I can post political memes if thats what yous want
Yuudachi-kun
You mean from /r/politicalhumour aka another anti trump subreddit with a disguised name
B1rd
Every political Subreddit is a hugbox of one sort or another.
B1rd
>manly thread fine
>girly thread gets shoa'd

s------e------x-------i-------s------m

e

x

i

s

m
johnmedina999

B1rd wrote:

>manly thread fine