forum

Skinning help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZeeTheIdiot
So... I have made my own osu! skin, but I have a prefered mania skin. I would like to add the mania skin to the skin I made, can someone please help me add the mania skin to my own while keeping my own stuff?
JustABeginner
Hi!
Firstly, go to the settings and find "open current skin folder". Once you found it, click it and it should direct you to the file location. If you want to add the mania skin into that folder, you can just copy them and paste in there. Alternatively, you can go to "Skin" folder - click it at the file location on top - and create a new folder. In there, you can paste the mania skin. Be sure that it isn't a folder you're pasting, nor a compressed file.

Once you're done pasting, press "Ctrl", "Shift", "Alt" and "S" keys altogether in the osu!client to refresh it.
Topic Starter
ZeeTheIdiot

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi!
Firstly, go to the settings and find "open current skin folder". Once you found it, click it and it should direct you to the file location. If you want to add the mania skin into that folder, you can just copy them and paste in there. Alternatively, you can go to "Skin" folder - click it at the file location on top - and create a new folder. In there, you can paste the mania skin. Be sure that it isn't a folder you're pasting, nor a compressed file.

Once you're done pasting, press "Ctrl", "Shift", "Alt" and "S" keys altogether in the osu!client to refresh it.

I don't understand.

Edit: Can you add the mania one to my skin for me please?
My skin : https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1xV76gZqJ4MPpmRi_KEAE2u24Hzx97nwa?hl=en
The mania skin : https://drive.google.com/file/u/1/d/1FRAP1IaonCQllmJ5zLL4ob89wMFFMeIi/view

Play with both of them first to see how they look.
Play 4k to see the skin.
JustABeginner
Perhaps saying it in words are too hard to understand at first.
Let's try again.

-----------------------------

First choose your skin that you want your mania skin to be inserted.
Then, open up the settings and click on "open current skin folder" that I just circled it with green colour.

Once you click it, it should bring up to the file listed with the skins you're using right now.
Below here, I have inserted the mania skin that I would like to add in.
Once that's done, you can go back to osu! and hit these four keys altogether:
"Ctrl", "Shift", "Alt" and "S".
And then, you're good to go!

For the alternative part, I should leave it be since it's much complicated to tell.
Topic Starter
ZeeTheIdiot

JustABeginner wrote:

Perhaps saying it in words are too hard to understand at first.
Let's try again.

First choose your skin that you want your mania skin to be inserted.
Then, open up the settings and click on "open current skin folder" that I just circled it with green colour.

Once you click it, it should bring up to the file listed with the skins you're using right now.
Below here, I have inserted the mania skin that I would like to add in.
Once that's done, you can go back to osu! and hit these four keys altogether:
"Ctrl", "Shift", "Alt" and "S".
And then, you're good to go!

For the alternative part, I should leave it be since it's much complicated to tell.

It's a whole skin actually I just noticed.
I just want the mania mode skin.
JustABeginner
Please elaborate?
You can just select the mania skin and leave out anything - you don't have to copy everything - and transfer to the file.
Topic Starter
ZeeTheIdiot

JustABeginner wrote:

Please elaborate?
You can just select the mania skin and leave out anything - you don't have to copy everything - and transfer to the file.

When I paste the mania skin its the defualt but red.
JustABeginner

ZeeTheIdiot wrote:

JustABeginner wrote:

Please elaborate?

When I paste the mania skin its the defualt but red.
I can't access your own skin unless I need to log in while I can access the mania skin.

First option: Have you tried refreshing the skin by pressing the keys I told you to do?

Second option: Be sure to copy the right mania skin.
But you need to add in all mania-hit too.