forum

Are mods needed to rank a map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azyeu
Do you need mods to rank a map, if so how many? what if a map is so perfect that no one can find any problems with it?
Sophie Twilight
Mods are not mandatory for ranked, but they are often used as an indicator to decide how the quality of your map is by simple glance from what I see.
But an indication of an experienced mapper would have less than 10 mods/min.
An inexperienced mapper however would have more than 50 mods in a difficulty.

Just telling for your own good, but if you decide to rank a map right now, it is better to abandon that thought.
Reason:
Your map does not meet the average quality for Ranked section yet.

However, I can see you really put your efforts in mapping as you map the fullspread of your 2nd map by yourself, full version on top of that. Keep up with the pacing, and you'll improve at high speed. I respect you for being a fullspread lone mapper.
Topic Starter
Azyeu

- Mahiro - wrote:

Mods are not mandatory for ranked, but they are often used as an indicator to decide how the quality of your map is by simple glance from what I see.
But an indication of an experienced mapper would have less than 10 mods/min.
An inexperienced mapper however would have more than 50 mods in a difficulty.

Just telling for your own good, but if you decide to rank a map right now, it is better to abandon that thought.
Reason:
Your map does not meet the average quality for Ranked section yet.

However, I can see you really put your efforts in mapping as you map the fullspread of your 2nd map by yourself, full version on top of that. Keep up with the pacing, and you'll improve at high speed. I respect you for being a fullspread lone mapper.
Thanks for the answer!