forum

League of Legends invasion?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Luanny]
I've noticed the everyday subject on osu! channels is LoL.
This is happening since one or two months ago and I'm feeling a bit lost about it.
Is this the new trend? Are osu! people somehow migrating to LoL (or vice versa) or what?
Nothing against the game (never played it) but this is making the channels really off-topic (more than they should be) and I am almost sure I am not the only one feeling out of place with all this LoL talk.
Some people used to talk about it normally but nowadays it is really scary, like, it's all about LoL!
So, what's happening here? Am I (or we) missing something?
What caused this LoL invasion here and why is this the new HOT TOPIC?
I am also wondering how many osu! players are into this, lol, I guess the number is REALLY HUGE.

Don't hate.
Discuss.
dkun
dyrus

that is all
Topic Starter
[Luanny]
I've heard this name around
Still don't get it
Darksonic
My brother plays LoL and he has some friends there that know osu! so idk, there may be some kind of connection between both games or something.
silmarilen
also boxbox
dkun
dyrus started streaming osu! while waiting for his ranked queues on LoL

it spread around like wildfire
boat
There's supposedly about 30 million active league of legends players. That a lot of users from here play it as well is no surprise.
UnderminE
Generic shitpost incoming

LoL sucks balls
GladiOol
league of legends is for faggots
Trust
I totally see the "trend" you mentioned coming through and it's giving me a better excuse to stay away from the nonsense in chat. League isn't very fun imho, I don't play unless it's with friends and don't know a single person who enjoys queuing by themselves. osu! is a great solo game and it can give people something to do while they wait for other's games to finish and what not. Streamers (like Dyrus as mentioned) are showcasing osu! which probably brings in a lot of LoL players. The most obvious answer is osu! players like us inviting our friends who just so happen to like LoL to play osu.
Hika
LoL sux

so do I

and i swear millions of people have touched the game at least once in this osu! community. Idk why everyone's talking about it in #osu or anything but there's a forum for that and there's also #videogames for that.
Tanzklaue
this is the second worst thing that could've happened to this community.

the worst being pewdiepie.

it's definetly the worst thing since the swarm of german people falling over osu after german let's players started playing it (which falls close with the start of general german retardism).
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
hi, let them play MA.
Jordan

Tanzklaue wrote:

this is the second worst thing that could've happened to this community.

the worst being pewdiepie.

it's definetly the worst thing since the swarm of german people falling over osu after german let's players started playing it (which falls close with the start of general german retardism).
I indeed agree german people are the most retarded people overall in this community

Even more than italians and it's hard to beat italians in that
silmarilen
i dont really understand the hate towards LoL, people like it so what? if they talk about it in #osu kindly tell them to go to #videogames and if they dont listen silence them?
why arent you even allowed to talk about different games than osu outside of #videogames? whats the purpose of it?
UnderminE

silmarilen wrote:

i dont really understand the hate towards LoL, people like it so what? if they talk about it in #osu kindly tell them to go to #videogames and if they dont listen silence them?
why arent you even allowed to talk about different games than osu outside of #videogames? whats the purpose of it?
well looks like you didn't read what op tried to say, silmy-chan

MAN SERIOUSLY WHY NEW PAGE ALL THE TIME
Kanye West
funny thing is, both dyrus and boxbox are terrible at this game, and new people that join are like "zomg i wanna be pro like boxbox"

l0l
silmarilen

UnderminE wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

well looks like you didn't read what op tried to say, silmy-chan

MAN SERIOUSLY WHY NEW PAGE ALL THE TIME
but this is making the channels really off-topic (more than they should be)
i was talking about this part, why does it make channels go off-topic? whats off-topic about talking about something? why is there a #videogames that makes talking about them off-topic in every other channel?
Kanye West

silmarilen wrote:

but this is making the channels really off-topic (more than they should be)
i was talking about this part, why does it make channels go off-topic? whats off-topic about talking about something? why is there a #videogames that makes talking about them off-topic in every other channel?
luckily no one gives two shits if you talk about league in #english

(^-^)
Tanzklaue

Kanye West wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

luckily no one gives two shits if you talk about league in #english

(^-^)
I will give shits.

luckily no one gives shit on my opinion though.
show more