forum

Hard Skill Cap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
that1noodleYT
I have played osu!mania for a little while now. I can't seem to get better. I play a lot offline just trying to improve. I've tried many other rhythm games. It feels like my eyes and hands don't connect and I'm not growing anywhere near the same rate. Usually, I can break a skill wall, but now that I've been stuck on this wall for months and months on end. I'm really stuck.
edit: I've been stuck on the same stuff since about May. It's around 5 stars that my eyes just can't read the same stuff. I tried increasing and decreasing notespeed and just trying to focus on reading.
DeltaNami
it definitely sounds like a reading issue, to which I would say to stick to a scroll speed you're comfortable with, use a skin that's easy for you to read, and just continue to play consistently. You won't get better if you can't read stuff, and you won't get better if you're playing off and on in erratic patterns. You might also consider singling out certain skills or patterns that you have a hard time playing and focusing on them for a while. I sucked at jumpstream when I was about 20k, but spent a month playing JS maps exclusively and it's now one of my main skillsets.

(Side note, but keep in mind that the difficulty between 4 and 5 stars is quite steep, and you shouldn't consider all of them equal. Passing triumph and regret is super easy, but passing finixe black another is another story, despite it being about the same SR, because the SR rating in osu sucks lol)