forum

Otakuthon 2013 [Montréal] | Fan Expo Canada [Toronto]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Biri-Biri
Attending, add me to the list please.
Apex_old
Who drew that Pippi? He/She is a great artist.
Giralda
Two weekends straight of Conventions, and a New York City trip one weekend before Otakuthon. That's going to empty my wallet real quick. I'm estimating about ~$1,200+ if I attend both conventions, assuming I'm paying for everything myself. (60% of that is probably the money spent for Otakuthon lulz)

Count me in only for Fan Expo.~ I'll be there on Saturday and hopefully Sunday as well. Thursday and Friday too busy. Gotta go to work ;__;

Otakuthon is not impossible. It's just that I don't want to travel ~6 hours alone on a Coach bus from Toronto to lovely and gorgeous Montréal.

Totally not looking forward to August. T_T

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'll just leave this here:Haneii was an awesome leader at AN2013, so I'm sure she'll do just as good of a job for these next two cons.
Topic Starter
Haneii
Thank you >w< I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Giralda :)

I actually don't have much planned for these two cons, mainly because I don't know the areas well. I'm currently waiting for the schedules to come up so we can decide the best time to meet up/schedule a dinner (like we did at Anime North this year)

...that is if you guys want to meet up/have dinner together?

@mod that might be looking at this thread: Can we have it stickied so more Canadians might come across it?
those

Haneii wrote:

@mod that might be looking at this thread: Can we have it stickied so more Canadians might come across it?
No.
Topic Starter
Haneii

those wrote:

No.
Thank you ^_^
those
It's n-not like I care about you guys, okay?

Also, have you found a place to stay yet, Haneii? Others?
Topic Starter
Haneii

those wrote:

Not yet. I need to book a hotel for fan expo soon (I guess I'll do that today. Hopefully there's still something available nearby)

I'll only be going to Otakuthon on the Saturday and will be returning home sometime Sunday so I don't think I'll need a place to stay (unless something awesome turns up on the schedule for either Friday or Sunday).

AWP YOU BETTER COME TOO! I NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO SIGN YOUR MUG!!!!
silmarilen
can somsone buy me a ticket to canada so i can come aswell?
jonathanlfj
i wish otakuthon was today cause im in Montreal atm but will be returning to Toronto tonight ;_;
i might attend Fan Expo but its still undecided yet
Azer

those wrote:

It's n-not like I care about you guys, okay?

Staying at my sister's house for otakuthon.
YTYuyu
if possible, i'm gonna try to attend at Fan Expo during the weekends--Thursday and Friday are maybes.

i just hope i don't have another near breakdown moment... <------ Haneii you know what i'm talking about.
Trust
As of now i'm set on attending some days of Fan Expo, it sounds exciting and I've never gone before (fingers-crossed the lines aren't monstrous)!

Haneii wrote:

...that is if you guys want to meet up/have dinner together?
My social skills aren't prepared for this... :lol:

Azer wrote:

Staying at my sister's house for otakuthon.
i'll go to otakuthon only if Azer invites me for a slumber party so I can get some lessons in francais.

Topic Starter
Haneii

silmarilen wrote:

I can start saving up for next year.

Anyone have any hotel suggestions for Fan Expo? It's really hard to choose when you don't know the area and not sure of your transportation (not to mention nearly everything is booked so choices are limited) :<

@those: My friend and I are looking for people to room with us (once we find a hotel orz). At the moment I'm going to save a spot for Yoda if he still needs one (Is he even going anymore?) and that leaves room for one more, so let me know if you'd like to join us.

@Byaku: I'm sorry I put you through that. Although it was an accident brought on by miscommunication it could have been prevented if I had been more attentive. It was insensitive of me, and again I'm really sorry.
Azer
trust pls
silmarilen

Haneii wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

I can start saving up for next year.
it was ment as a joke but if you actually want to help for next year im sure i can do something
Giralda

Trust wrote:

(fingers-crossed the lines aren't monstrous)!
You'd be surprised. You would be waiting for about 25mins - 1 hour. The line does move rather quickly because of the multiple ticketing booths. Good luck!

This would be my 5th year at Fan Expo. Can't wait~

Oh, and Haneii, for the attendance list, on jonathanlfj's name, the 'j' doesn't need to be capitalized. Sorry, this kinda just stuck with me since Anime North because I heard him say how everyone always capitalized the 'j' on his name when it's not meant to be.

EDIT: Going for the ENTIRE WEEKEND for Fan Expo~ because of a change of plans, I no longer work anymore after next Tuesday :3 If anyone is booking a hotel for Fan Expo, may I crash with you for 3 nights? D: I'll pay my share, dw.
Sayuki Fujimi
j'y vais toute l'événement.
Azer
We should probably start planning meetups :>
Jaay-
Sumo ramen or L2 w/ Azer & Kairi, on friday?! :D
Sumaki

Jaay wrote:

Sumo ramen or L2 w/ Azer & Kairi, on friday?! :D
Oho, I'm down for that :D
Azer
weeeeee
Topic Starter
Haneii
1 more week people!

Sorry for not posting/updating >.>

Also:

I was wondering if anyone here can help me . I decided to take the greyhound but I don't know which bus terminal in Montréal to choose (the greyhound site doesn't give locations - or at least I can't find them? Their telephone/customer service is terrible D: ). I was told there's one by Station Berri-UQAM where I can take the subway to the con (apparently my fastest route atm), but I can't tell which greyhound station that is off this list. I've been told it's "central sta" but it would be more reassuring if a local can confirm it for me.
XPJ38

Haneii wrote:

Also:
I was wondering if anyone here can help me . I decided to take the greyhound but I don't know which bus terminal in Montréal to choose (the greyhound site doesn't give locations - or at least I can't find them? Their telephone/customer service is terrible D: ). I was told there's one by Station Berri-UQAM where I can take the subway to the con (apparently my fastest route atm), but I can't tell which greyhound station that is off this list. I've been told it's "central sta" but it would be more reassuring if a local can confirm it for me.
Greyhound coaches always stop at the "Gare d'autocars de Montréal" (aka Central Station) located at Berri-UQAM, except for Megabus that has its own terminal near from Bonaventure metro station.

As for the website, just select "Montreal (e), PQ", it will be fine :P

The con is located at "Place d'armes" subway station, which is 2 stops away from Berri-UQAM iirc.
Topic Starter
Haneii
THANK YOU!

edit: The Birthday Massacre coming to fan expo! I didn't know Yay!
Azer
Are we planning something early friday? I need to know.
Jaay-

Azer wrote:

Are we planning something early friday? I need to know.
I'll have to confirm today when I recieve my work scheduele. I'll msg you guys on skype.
Topic Starter
Haneii
Are we planning something Saturday? I need to know.
those
If I was to go to FanExpo for one day, which day would it be to meet up with the most of you?
Topic Starter
Haneii

those wrote:

If I was to go to FanExpo for one day, which day would it be to meet up with the most of you?
I still don't know when I'm going to FanExpo. I'm thinking the Saturday, but that might change if Xakyrie says we're going to Wonderland that day.

12 days left to finalize.

I think the others are going all (most) days.
Azer
I just want them to release the schedule for each booth so we can plan something properly but i don't think that's going to happen so how about something friday afternoon before things start? 3~4PM
Sumaki
Topic Starter
Haneii
Ooh, I'll def be at Karaoke for an hour or so, Sat (I missed out on it at AN :/)
Azer
Here's probably where I'm going to be for otakuthon, depending on what other people are doing and whether I actually participate in the LoL Tournament.

Friday

I don't know if playing osu on one of the booths is a possibility but I noted it anyways. Also I won't participate in the Karaoke lol.

Saturday Afternoon

If I participate in the LoL tourney with a team, I will be there and miss everything else.

Somewhere between 4 to 5 PM would be an awesome spot to eat somewhere with you peoples

Saturday Evening

Probably just gonna check the dance party and if it doesn't meet my expectations I'll go see something else/go home.

Sunday

Again not much to do unless I participate in the lol tournament.

What about you guys?
Prime Number
I happen to be going to Otakuthon for the 3 days, if anyone cares.
Kitsunemimi
Can somebody decide on a meeting day/time/dinner/etc for FE? :I

Well...
Actually, a better question.
Saturday or Sunday, which would be better? (Friday is ok too I guess .3.)
YTYuyu
ehh~ i'm leaning towards Saturday--any objections on that day?
Prime Number
Saturday would probably be the best one, because most 1day passes would be on saturday, and saturday is the biggest day.
Kitsunemimi
I'm thinking about going to the loli tea p-- I mean lolita tea party and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to go~ I mean like... I kinda don't want to go there alone (it's dangerous to go alone!). Also, tickets are $30 and limited, and already sold out for Sunday. Soo... yeah.

Also, my avatar is super moe~
It's Ruuuumia~ \ouo/

EDIT: ewww what is this D: stuff ends at 8 PM. Apparently Saturday has this Fan Expo party thing at 9 PM but it costs $20
And there's a J-pop dance at 8 PM but it's on Friday ._.
Azer
so...
No meetups?

The event is tomorrow, guys.
show more