forum

[resolved] [web] web header issue

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
i have this kinda annoying issue regarding the website's header. whenever i try to access my profile by clicking on my name at the top part of the page, even though i can click circles very good at the game, i would still accidentally point my cursor on the "community" tab and trigger the drop down list which would block my name and won't get away until i move the cursor very far enough. this would also happen EVERY TIME when your cursor is coming from the upper part of the screen (like the address bar or your internet tabs)

i propose three solutions to fix this:

- make it so the drop down list would only appear IF you click the tabs (click "community" to make "forums", "supporting osu!", etc appear). simply hovering on the tab will do nothing.
- give it a longer delay so the drop down will appear much later (least preferable)
- move the tabs so it will appear below your profile bar

sorry for the shitty edit ;___;

i prefer this fix the most because it would make accessing everything on the header much faster and convenient (even the three search boxes at the left side). even if you accidentally trigger the list, at least it won't block anything on the header.

soooo, discuss.

PS: how do you add the "web" icon thingy on your post title?
Marcin
PS answer: [web] at the beginning of title.

\/ You can delete the "web" after "[web]" then :p
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
^ thanks :3
Kurokami
I never had this kind of problem. And I think this way is looking much better.

EDIT: And actually you need to move exact to top of Community to triger that menu. So I don't think this is the current menu system's failure.
Topic Starter
Koko Ban

Marcin wrote:

\/ You can delete the "web" after "[web]" then :p
meh i think it's okay :p

Kurokami wrote:

I never had this kind of problem. And I think this way is looking much better.

EDIT: And actually you need to move exact to top of Community to triger that menu.
i know, but most of the time i hover on the "community" part accidentally because of my horrible accuracy and it immediately triggers the drop down list.

also, this is especially annoying when your mouse pointer comes from the upper part of the screen (like the address bar) and you decide to access your profile by clicking at your name below.
deadbeat
what about adding a slight delay for the drop down list instead?
Topic Starter
Koko Ban

deadbeat wrote:

what about adding a slight delay for the drop down list instead?
that's the second solution i provided on OP, but i kinda least prefer that solution. maybe adding an option where you can click the tab to make the list appear earlier if you're too impatient to wait would do too.
Kurokami
Well, if you comes from above then yes, this request makes sense. But still, moving down, just no. Adding a delay, or better, you need to click on it to trigger sounds better to me.
Knarf

Koko Ban wrote:

- move the tabs so it will appear below your profile bar
The appearance is not good imo, as personal stuff is normally under Info, Download, etc.

Koko Ban wrote:

- give it a longer delay so the drop down will appear much later (least preferable)
Support this as 'Community' is frequently (for me) accessed to forum only. I will just click the button and nothing hurts if this feature is added.
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
now i think about it, adding a delay/click to access drop down list is much better.
boat
I never had issues with it and quite frankly, having it delayed would annoy the hell out of me. I say no to this.
Topic Starter
Koko Ban

boat wrote:

I never had issues with it and quite frankly, having it delayed would annoy the hell out of me. I say no to this.
you'll probably find option 3 a good compromise then.
RA272Nirvash
i personaly like it as it is,
its way faster the way it is right now and i personaly never had this kind of problems o.o
samplefish
necro cause i want this. :D
tecu
I personally used to do this so ridiculously frequently that I decided to just bookmark my profile page and started using that to go to my profile instead.

This problem, however, is too minor to be fixed at the expense of making the layout look worse. If an equally good-looking alternative gets suggested, sure.
Crimson Lacryma
Here's some suggestions for #3:

tecu

Crimson Lacryma wrote:

Hey, that's not going to fix the problem because there's still a drop d- oh wait that's the Download button with no drop down menu! That's brilliant!
XPJ38
The website will get an extensive lifting in the near future, just wait until it happens.
Crimson Lacryma

tecu wrote:

Crimson Lacryma wrote:

Hey, that's not going to fix the problem because there's still a drop d- oh wait that's the Download button with no drop down menu! That's brilliant!
>tfw I completely missed the point

I guess I'll just wait for the interface update.
tecu

Crimson Lacryma wrote:

>tfw I completely missed the point

I guess I'll just wait for the interface update.
You may have, but this actually fixes the problem because "Download" doesn't have a drop-down menu.
Stefan
The new forum design doesn't have this problem, marked as resolved.