forum

Beatmap preview sound glitch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ThangProVip
My preview sound is a glitch sound, I already set current position as preview point in the editor but it only works in client, can someone help me?, thanks.

My beatmap: beatmapsets/1587036#osu/3241387
Sies
Moved from Beatmap Projects.
Zelzatter Zero
it seems your audio file is originally in .aac without any proper encoding. Rename the file extension back and use something like Audacity to convert the file to .mp3
LoleTV

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

it seems your audio file is originally in .aac without any proper encoding. Rename the file extension back and use something like Audacity to convert the file to .mp3
Do I have to upload it new or is there a way to update the old one. And how do I know that the conversion has worked? I wanted to pull the file into osu and copy everything into the new version but it just opens up the old beatmap. I dont think it does overwrite the other does it?
Zelzatter Zero

LoleTV wrote:

Do I have to upload it new or is there a way to update the old one.
It's the same way as uploading the map, however the button will change to "Update Beatmap" and it updates your map instead.

LoleTV wrote:

And how do I know that the conversion has worked?
There's a software called Spek. You can download it here. If the encoding below the filepath is actually "MP3 (MPEG audio layer 3)" then it's good. Like this:

Otherwise it will looks like this (The audio says it's audio.mp3 but the encoding is AAC):

LoleTV wrote:

I wanted to pull the file into osu and copy everything into the new version but it just opens up the old beatmap. I dont think it does overwrite the other does it?
No need for that. On the current map, go to File --> Open Song Folder, and it will show the map file there. Replace the current audio.mp3 with your new one and you're set.
LoleTV

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

LoleTV wrote:

Do I have to upload it new or is there a way to update the old one.
It's the same way as uploading the map, however the button will change to "Update Beatmap" and it updates your map instead.

LoleTV wrote:

And how do I know that the conversion has worked?
There's a software called Spek. You can download it here. If the encoding below the filepath is actually "MP3 (MPEG audio layer 3)" then it's good. Like this:

Otherwise it will looks like this (The audio says it's audio.mp3 but the encoding is AAC):

LoleTV wrote:

I wanted to pull the file into osu and copy everything into the new version but it just opens up the old beatmap. I dont think it does overwrite the other does it?
No need for that. On the current map, go to File --> Open Song Folder, and it will show the map file there. Replace the current audio.mp3 with your new one and you're set.
First of all thanks for answering all that stuff. It might be easy but I still struggle. I put the new audio file which is not originally aac now in the folder with the beatmap and now I got no Sound except the placed circles and stuff. Did I fuck up ._.?
Zelzatter Zero
the audio file is also file extension-dependant. Most likely you put an audio.aac rather than audio.mp3, that's why the game didn't recognize.
LoleTV

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

the audio file is also file extension-dependant. Most likely you put an audio.aac rather than audio.mp3, that's why the game didn't recognize.
I checked with speck and it said the audio is an .mp3. what would be the more unlikely things or would that be to complicated