forum

What is a good consistency between alternating.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Unreql

WARNING: this is my first forum post so my condolences if I have done something incorrect, overcomplicate something simple or if this is a really stupid question.

To explain what I meant by the title, I mean "What is an acceptable difference in timing between pairs of clicks."

So basically, say if you were alternating to a metronome with BPM of 160, you obviously won't always hit it at exactly the same point, there will be a bit of variation. So, say if I was streaming, what is a good enough hit consistency to where I would get perfect accuracy and what is the average hit consistency of top leaderboard players?

Preferably in milliseconds because I want it to code a hit consistency tester so I can improve it without being ingame, and I want to know a suitable range. Currently, I get a variation like this (seconds truncated to 4 d.p):

1. 0.0558, 0.0557, 0.0640, 0.0716,
  1. 0.0401, 0.0641, 0.0639, 0.0398,
  1. 0.0478, 0.0647, 0.0899, 0.0552,
  1. 0.0639, 0.0477, 0.0637, 0.0562.
(Program works by starting a timer when you click "x", then ends the timer when you hit "y" and then displays that time in seconds, then when you click "x" again it starts the timer again and same thing happens)

Is this result good? Is this result bad? I would like to know if anyone knows the answer.

IMPORTANT: This is not a thread on how to get better consistency, this is a thread on what a good hit consistency in the form of numbers.
Earthquake
At the end of a play, if you hover over the graph looking like thing, you can see your Unstable Rate. A very good unstable rate is under 100, but I usually get anywhere from 120-220. You can also see a hit error thing, the first negative number is the average ms hit early, and the second is the average ms hit late.
Fxjlk
The acceptable hit window depends on the overall difficulty (OD) of the map

The hit windows are as follows:

Score Hit window
50 400ms - 20ms * OD
100 280ms - 16ms * OD
300 160ms - 12ms * OD

This means the maximum acceptable difference of timing between pairs of notes is equal to the hit window width

For top players this is usually OD 10 so that is 40 ms (300s only)