forum

Period of Skill Loss Or No Improvement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
UnknownDrilla
Recently I have been playing osu!mania a lot and over the span of 2 week I have improved a lot. I went from being able to do 2.5 star maps to being able to get S rank 3.5 and some A rank low 4 star. Over the time period I have been enjoying the game so much and have been getting a high from moving up ranks and getting scores on songs I haven't been able to to do.

Over the span of 5 days or so I haven't been enjoying the game, I am taking longer to warm up and getting lower scores on maps than usual. I can't seem to play properly and I keep getting lower ranks on songs which I could get higher ranks. I keep on failing on maps which I could pass easily and my accuracy has decreased, I keep hitting 200's and sometimes 100's a lot more. I have tried warming up with easier songs but it does not help. Following all of this happening, I haven't been able to move up ranks and get PP from playing. This makes me feel demotivated

I don't know why this is happening and it has me very demotivated to play the game.
monstermayhem
Try taking a break from the game, a day or so should be good
Topic Starter
UnknownDrilla

monstermayhem wrote:

Try taking a break from the game, a day or so should be good
Yeah I’m going to try take a break and play other games and come back when I feel good enough to play
MissThoseArrows
I know its a bit late to reply, but something that helped me was to of course take a break, but
also making sure I have slept enough, had any substances I usually use (coffee, nicotine) etc., keep an eye on my overall health, drink enough water, and make sure I've eaten (could be low blood sugar).
Also, if you lift weights or do physical labor it could tighten up your hands. Rest, and letting your muscles repair for a day or so is important.
Same if your work in an office, your eyes could be stressed. Be sure to rest them as well.
If your hands get cold a lot, you could have poor circulation, so warm up your hands with warm water or something before playing.

Finally, we all hit plateaus at some point. If you try new patterns/maps, play around on different difficulties, and increase/decrease your scroll speed, as well as use modifiers, you can definitely work through it with effort.

I just broke through a period of this myself (lasted a month because I really suck lol), but now my rank is going up every time I play again. Even if it's only a little.
Rikuka
take a break
don't force yourself / don't push yourself too hard.

slowly practicing some pattern that you hates so much
(you can use editor for make that pattern became segmented)

lastly , enjoy the game