forum

Preventing less pp-giving scores to be updated [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Jikson[m9]
When a player found a score update decreasing his or her pp, I think there should be an option to retrieve the previous more pp-giving but lesser in amount of score or else the real number of "skill" which is the old pp of the player may not be possible to be achieved again.

I will appreciate if the phenomenon of "score increase but pp decrease" can be fixed in the future.

Edit
=====================
In other words, I am requesting a "right" to only keep my most pp-giving score on the scoreboard, in terms of awarding the "accuracy pp-bonus" numerically on the score to arrange the ranks into a pp-giving skill rank, or being able to retrieve more pp-giving records

=====================
Marcin
PP only decreases when accuracy is much lower than on non-mod score. Just try to score better! But yeah, pp seems to be mad, and should be somehow fixed.
I might be wrong
\/ It doesn't matter if it's called recalulation, or pp decrease - they both mean the same - loss
deadbeat
what...
no score EVER should give less pp. if at the end of a map it says you lost some pp, it's just a recalculation
Topic Starter
Jikson[m9]

deadbeat wrote:

what...
no score EVER should give less pp. if at the end of a map it says you lost some pp, it's just a recalculation
I think this is meaning of "A more pp-giving score replaces a less pp-giving score"

Lets consider a case.
I have got a no-mod SS score but I want to see how I perform in a HR play. Neglect un-ranked mods. I accidentally FC-ed it in HR mod with a extremely low accuracy. The song has no fade out time so I could not pause and quit. At last my HR score is higher than that of the SS and replaced it, then my pp decreased. Could I have the right to only keep my most pp-giving score on the scoreboard?
uzzi

deadbeat wrote:

what...
I think I've actually had this happen. I replaced an SS with an S w/ HD and lost pp right after. Maybe it was a recalculation, but it would make sense since SS's give an extra bit of pp.
Full Tablet
You can lose pp for replacing a personal record by getting better score (but worse performance according to the pp calculations). peppy's words about this is that it is not recommended to add mods to plays unless you can manage to get good accuracy with it.

Related request t/94972&start=0
xxbidiao

Full Tablet wrote:

You can lose pp for replacing a personal record by getting better score (but worse performance according to the pp calculations). peppy's words about this is that it is not recommended to add mods to plays unless you can manage to get good accuracy with it.

Related request http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/94972&start=0
Yeah, and I may know peppy have some other reason.
If you can select something that prevents low pp record to be uploaded, you can easily figure out how pp works on a single song. And peppy (and you) may know what this means.
(OK, I think how pp works may already be mostly known...)
Kaeru

deadbeat wrote:

what...
Scores take away my pp all the time. I once actually nearly got on the top 50 on a hard song I had never even played before, and to my surprise my rank went down instead of up. It happens a lot when I get bad accuracy on a song because I'm using a mod like DT.
peppy
No.