forum

New Mod: Inverse of Flashlight [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bara-
I really dislike flashlight in 2 ways
In sliders it goes dark
If you don't know the level perfectly you are not able to fc it, or even make it without NF, EZ, HT.

Now I thought of a new mod, which is the inverse of Flashlight.
Everything is visible, except the part where your cursor is, the area you normally see is no invisible. You can of course choose the color of the part you don't see, in the options, because some people, like me, hate black and white.

This is probably less hard than Flashlight, so it can be between x1.06 and x1.10. I don't know if modsmultipliers(?) can only be certain things, or that it can be every number, but I think between x1.06 and x1.10 is very reasonable.
I don't have an name for this, but it can be something like [b]'INVISIBLE[/b]'.

I really want to know what you think of this.
(I have searched if something like this is on the board but i couldn't find anything, I don't know if somebody had something that look like this, if it is rejected, or if this is new, but I'm not sure) :!:

I'm very sorry if I made some typing errors, I'm Dutch, and young. :!:
AmberLynx
so umm that's like...

that's just.. no.
why don't you just use a solid-colored cursor and enlarge it tenfold or so. that does exactly what you want
Knarf
Interesting mod. I was thinking disappearance of cursor at first:)
ReVeNg3r
just change cursor.png to it and thats al.no need to add new mod
bomber34
Reminds me a lot of this one viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14525

Even though "the smoke" let me believe that you can see at least a little bit under the area around your cursor
VoidnOwO
Free score to tablet players. k
deadbeat

bomber34 wrote:

Reminds me a lot of this one http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14525

Even though "the smoke" let me believe that you can see at least a little bit under the area around your cursor
close enough really. only difference really is the texture, also it could be thick smoke. harder to see through that :p
anyway. i guess i'll make as duplicate
Topic Starter
Bara-
That image looks pretty cool, but you can't get it with that cursor.png, beacause how higher your combo is, the bigger that invisible part is.
I just saw the smoke mod, and it does look the same, but the 'Invisible' mod's color can be changed if you want, because plain black is not fun to play with: You should be able to set the design of that invisible area, in your skin.
TheVileOne
The official name of such a mod is Blackhole.