forum

BSS Submission Change

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Just a quick improvement to the process here: If you submit your map after it has been bubbled, your thread will be popped. This includes *any* change. If you want to make a simple edit like hit samples, make sure you make a note of this in your thread so modders know why the bubble was lost.

The reasoning behind this is simple: there have been quite a few cases where maps have been ranked with mistakes because submissions were made after they were bubbled, without the BAT that ranked the map knowing.
Pasonia
IMO good system; it prevents the mappers from keeping a bad map they thought was the "best but most under-appreciated" work and ninja-ing the BATs when they rank the map.
RaisTF
Oh damn, I edited my map with bubble yesterday before this post and it was popped ;_; But I think this is good system.
anonymous_old

RaisTF wrote:

Oh damn, I edited my map with bubble yesterday before this post and it was popped ;_; But I think this is good system.
Yes, it was implemented yesterday.
YoshiKart
I like this. :) Good work.
WolfCoder
Sounds fair to me. It helps reduce the maps I delete right after I play for them not feeling right or fun and makes the game more fun for everyone. I sure like how my beatmaps will be saved from myself when they get ranked.
Dranoel
Does this include submitting the exact same map to keep it from dying?
awp

Dranoel wrote:

Does this include submitting the exact same map to keep it from dying?
Good question, simply bumping the map shouldn't pop the bubble imo. Then again, bubbled maps tend not to rot for a month any more, but it might still be a good thing to consider.
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ShaggoN
Very good idea. Maps will be fully completed, before they get ranked.
Topic Starter
peppy
Good idea. Bubbled maps will no longer graveyard.