forum

Osu Backgrounds and other stuff

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TransientNight
I understand that people use the background to make the beatmap seem more visually appealing and sometimes, it does benefit the map in overall looks. However, i don't understand why we aren't able to disable them on the first playthrough. Sometimes, it's impossible to actually play through due to the background clashing with the beatmap colors. It might just be me, but i find it highly irritating not being able to disable the visual settings even if you havent beaten it once.
Rorona

TransientNight wrote:

I understand that people use the background to make the beatmap seem more visually appealing and sometimes, it does benefit the map in overall looks. However, i don't understand why we aren't able to disable them on the first playthrough. Sometimes, it's impossible to actually play through due to the background clashing with the beatmap colors. It might just be me, but i find it highly irritating not being able to disable the visual settings even if you havent beaten it once.
I think you're not sure what you're trying to say.
dkun
if it wasn't possible, the map wouldn't be ranked. nofail + dt and hit a note.
and on top of that

get supporter
???
???
100% dim first play
Mara

dkun wrote:

get supporter
???
???
100% dim first play
oh wow I thought this was a bug for a week

Thanks Obama, I can pay2win!!!1 I guess we will never see storyboards again
Topic Starter
TransientNight

dkun wrote:

and on top of that

get supporter
???
???
100% dim first play
oshit
time to throw money at peppy
forevabronze
glorious supporter master race, Dirty supportless peasant
chelly

TransientNight wrote:

dkun's post says it best:

dkun wrote:

and on top of that

get supporter
???
???
100% dim first play
And yes, buying supporter allows Visual Settings access without needing to clear the map beforehand. If you're not looking to buy supporter, just use NoFail + DoubleTime and hit one note and sit back for the map to finish, and it'll count as a "pass".
Knarf
I would go to song folder and delete all items in the beatmap set except .osu
I use this method to disable skin on the first playthrough, and BG.
Hope the video clip is not combined to audio clip.^^