forum

When making a GD for someone, how do I export my file to send to them?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cowlord23
title
Zelzatter Zero
If you meant the whole .osz file, in the editor, go to File --> Export Package. The file explorer will pop up, showing the file you'll need.

If you meant the .osu file (the one contains individual difficulty), in the editor, go to File --> Open Song Folder. There will be one or several .osu file, depending on how many difficulties you have in the set, with the content in the [] brackets being the difficulty name, which will be extremely helpful in determining which one you should copy and send.
SaltyLucario
dont send gds by exporting .osz by the way, as upon importing by the host it will overwrite any changes he did to other diffs which isnt ideal
Sies

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

If you meant the .osu file (the one contains individual difficulty), in the editor, go to File --> Open Song Folder. There will be one or several .osu file, depending on how many difficulties you have in the set, with the content in the [] brackets being the difficulty name, which will be extremely helpful in determining which one you should copy and send.
I would prefer this way, more safe than exporting the .osz
epic man 2

Sies wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I would prefer this way, more safe than exporting the .osz
Agreed.
bobfromow2

SaltyLucario wrote:

dont send gds by exporting .osz by the way, as upon importing by the host it will overwrite any changes he did to other diffs which isnt ideal
How do you restore the other difficulties after you accidently overwrote them?
stzur
unless you haven't uploaded the set to web there is no way as far as i'm aware