forum

Help Me With Mapping!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
startone
I think my new map (beatmapsets/1530334#osu/3130165) is up to the ranking standard. (Obviously missing HS and GD's but those are to be added). And I am considering asking a BN(Beatmap Nominator) if they agree. But I am worried they wont agree, and refuse to look at any other maps
I think are "rankable". Is this just a common mapping misconception or is this a real thing that happens. Please let me know down below. Thanks
Marshes
Just map vtuber songs, free rank trust me
Topic Starter
startone

-Junzy wrote:

Just map vtuber songs, free rank trust me
blacklisted.
lewski
not quite sure if this is what ur talking about but u wont get blacklisted just because the bn doesnt think ur map is good enough
KumiDaiko
you should worry about ranking the map after you've completely finished it. if you keep worrying you aren't going to finish any sets.
Topic Starter
startone

KumiDaiko wrote:

you should worry about ranking the map after you've completely finished it. if you keep worrying you aren't going to finish any sets.
i dont worry and i still dont get to finishing sets. im jealous of you daiko
Marshes
as im saying, vtuber goddamit.

More motivation to finish sets if you do so
Zelzatter Zero

Pentacoilz wrote:

But I am worried they wont agree, and refuse to look at any other maps
That should be the one you expected more.

Even if you think your map is "up to ranking standard", what BN thinks of your map is a whole different story. You can't just think you can ask one BN and they will immediately accept your request.

My suggestion: Try to actually make a "good" mapset. If you think finding BN is way harder then you aren't doing it right yet. Once your mapping improves BN will accept when you don't even aware.
KumiDaiko

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Once your mapping improves BN will accept when you don't even aware.
true af lmao. i got a bn outta nowhere (they dm'd me :O) on one of my solid maps.
Topic Starter
startone
time to ask bns for noms and rnak a map :tf:
Lurumic

Pentacoilz wrote:

time to ask bns for noms and rnak a map :tf:
gl