forum

am I getting worse? If so, what do I do?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
509x
TL;DR: I got worse scores than 3 days ago on the same maps.

My today's session was quite bad. Yeah, if you look at my top pp plays you wouldn't think so, but I really hate seeing <98% acc plays in my top pp plays and I'm not proud of it at all.
Now, about getting worse. 3 days ago I was getting 96%-98.5% acc on different maps, now I'm getting like 94%-96% on them. I got quite upset and thought maybe playing a few harder maps (yeah, that's why I got shitty top plays) will be good and I'll eventually be able to get same/better scores on them, but I was wrong.

The whole point of this is: am I actually getting worse or is this normal and just one of those days when you can't play like usual?

I'm not playing everyday, maybe 1 session in 2-3 days and often taking breaks (might it be the reason of my "disimprovement"?)

pls don't laugh at me if I wrote something stupid ;w;
NeroOtter
it is one of these days indeed man. just play what gives you pleasure, even if it's a bit easier. you will get back on track eventually. and dont be sad over <98% plays. you SHOULD aim at getting 98% but you totally should not get upset if you dont meet the requirement as your current rank isn't that high to start trying to find your current state concerning or upsetting, even. (although i know #world =/= skill display)

as long as the score is 750k+ pts and 93% troughout the whole map, you're fine. don't beat yourself over 94-96% plays as they're good too.

good job on aiming at 98% though.
MarioUniverseZ

509x wrote:

I got worse scores than 3 days ago on the same maps.
am I actually getting worse or is this normal and just one of those days when you can't play like usual?
It's quite common bro, if you are getting worse than before you could try to stay away from playing really hard for a moment*, and get back when you have good feeling and mood.

509x wrote:

I got quite upset and thought maybe playing a few harder maps (yeah, that's why I got shitty top plays) will be good and I'll eventually be able to get same/better scores on them
Don't be upset when you get worse, just don't think it too much.

509x wrote:

I'm not playing everyday, maybe 1 session in 2-3 days and often taking breaks
I was playing on weekends and vacation during 0 ~ 7,500 pp days and then changed to play everyday when my country shuts down during the pandemic though.

*: you could try out some charting, playing different keymodes, playing lower sr maps in multi or lurking in the forum like me. (or even modding when you have some basic note pattern knowledges and aesthetics among all vsrg charts)