forum

tips to derust

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YeBeaseT21
I have been playing this game for a while and hasn't been playing this game seriously for the past maybe 3 weeks or so, and I have rusted horribly. I need some tips to help me derust, I know that derusting shouldn't take as long as actually gaining skill but some people have been derusting for a long time and haven't been able to get back to their skill point.

I want to continue playing this game no matter competitive or casually and I have tried being more positive but I can't really be that positive as my muscle memory and maybe skill level isn't that good anymore.
ICanNotDoSlider
Play marathons that has all skillsets but is no lower than your ability, preferably something you can get 97 on. Always worked for me. Do this for warmups.

Also play speed maps on the side, because I find them really hard to peak. I usually just choose 1-2 maps I can get a B rank on, and push until I get an A rank. Easier maps will look way easier later.
DeltaNami
Chordjacks and accuracy training helped me to derust. Stuff that's generally not too difficult and can get you back into the feel of things. If you need to, try and play stuff that's easy to get eased into it, and try to work your way up to the same skill level. Maybe take a song you had a 97+ on and try to pass it with 94 or so.

Think of derust the same way as warming up: you can't play the hard stuff right away, you have to play something easier or suffer bad accuracy before you can play at your peak.

(Also be patient, derusting could take a long time.)
coakira
I took a break for nearly a month and it only took me 3~4 days to derust for the most part. It surely can be different, but as long as you're playing every day for a fair amount of time, it shouldn't take too long.
Tips? There isn't a "better" way to do it imo, just play what you can at the moment, but nothing too easy or too hard. I'd say, aim for 95% acc. And of course, don't forget about different skillsets (i.e. focus on the patterns you want to derust at, because playing jacks won't make you better at streams and else).