forum

Able to see who played a beatmap the most. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Real1
Osu! Keeps count of how many times you play each map, right?

So I was thinking, why not have a text string somewhere on the Beatmap information screen, that's saying who has played this beatmap, on this difficulty the most?

For example:
"Most played by: Real1: 294 times"

I think it would be a cool feature. Here's an image to illustrate what I mean:
(Idk where is a good spot to place it... But you get the idea.)

Gens
Cool MSPaint, bro. :P (And you TOTALLY had to use your own beatmap, did you? <3)

Aaanyway, yeaeh, I like this. It'd show who's more obsessed with the song <3

+1
Derekku
Heh, sure, why not?

+Support~
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
rust45
Sounds like fun but this should be added after some other features, since this isn't changing the concept of the game at all.

Support.
Dean
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Real1
Ryuukun
i'm against it cause it would lure out all the flamer kiddys.
For example:

Player 1 and Player 2 playing a multiplayer game.
Player 1 Beats player 2
Player 2 checks how many time Player 1 played the specific song.
Player 2 flames at Player 1 that its no wonder that he won because he played the song sooo many times.

The flamewar begins.
anonymous_old

Ryuukun wrote:

i'm against it cause it would lure out all the flamer kiddys.
For example:

Player 1 and Player 2 playing a multiplayer game.
Player 1 Beats player 2
Player 2 checks how many time Player 1 played the specific song.
Player 2 flames at Player 1 that its no wonder that he won because he played the song sooo many times.

The flamewar begins.
I think you're missing the point.

This is the "who played the most of this map" not "what has this player played the most." The latter is already in the profile.
Ryuukun
But do i actually want to be place one in such a matter?
Its kinda like, hey look how many tried he needed and he's still not place 1 LOL.
:/
anonymous_old

Ryuukun wrote:

But do i actually want to be place one in such a matter?
Its kinda like, hey look how many tried he needed and he's still not place 1 LOL.
:/
Exactly.
Topic Starter
Real1
qlum
I don't like the idea that people could play a map just for the sake of being the player who plays it the most. support -1
Gens

qlum wrote:

I don't like the idea that people could play a map just for the sake of being the player who plays it the most. support -1
Well then they're just suckers
:3

I mean, how much impact would this have? It's just a little nice effect, and being the player "who plays it the most" doesn't makes you important. It's like feeling important when you made your first muffin, even though there are a lot more muffins around.
vytalibus

Gens wrote:

I mean, how much impact would this have? It's just a little nice effect, and being the player "who plays it the most" doesn't makes you important. It's like feeling important when you made your first muffin, even though there are a lot more muffins around.
... You've contradicted yourself.

That's the problem, what impact this feature can bring. And honestly, I don't see the point of being able to know that you've played that beatmap the most out of more than 100,000 players. It might only give you the false sense of pride ("I NO DIS MAP MOAR THN U STFU"), or just make you feel embarassed that you had to play that beatmap over and over again ("... i played HOW MANY TIMES?!").

... There's no sense in implementing this feature.
Topic Starter
Real1

vytalibus wrote:

... There's no sense in implementing this feature.
:(

I thought it could be kinda fun... Oh well...
Topic Starter
Real1
Bumping~
varq
I honestly don't want this feature, because people would be able to abuse it simply by Escaping and quitting retrying on the song over and over, since that's how plays count, and I don't want the way plays count to change.

No support
Skyripper
It already happens on a smaller scale

I'm not opposed to this idea
varq
Yes, but if this was implemented, it would be more incentive to do it. A lot of people would do it, just to get their name up there, and if someone was really intent to, he would do this for as many songs as he wanted to, and you would see this one person's name many times for something that is really isn't an achievement of actually playing the song that many times. And if 2+ people were really intent, it would just be a battle of endurance and who can press Esc->Retry the fastest.
peppy
Seems pretty useless?