forum

Is alternating worth it in 7k?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jake9908
I mostly play 4k, but have started getting into 7k more recently. I only use my left thumb to press the spacebar. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with alternating thumbs, and if there's any significant advantage to learning that playstyle?
timebombed
its not really proven that you will do better alternating thumbs rather than using only one thumb

i know that jakads (#1) uses alternating thumbs for certain patterns and dressurf (#2) uses only one thumb

just do what will feel more comfortable for you
Haengsyo
Jakads uses both, and he said not to learn both fingers. It's more of a hassle to learn and just takes longer. I personally use my left thumb as a right-handed person. A few others who do that are Alter-(#15), DP(#13), and jhlee. I'm pretty sure Dressurf(#2), estonians(#35), and others use their right thumb.

Just find and use whatever is comfortable for you.
WesleyWK

timebombed wrote:

its not really proven that you will do better alternating thumbs rather than using only one thumb

i know that jakads (#1) uses alternating thumbs for certain patterns and dressurf (#2) uses only one thumb

I think Jakads do not alternate his thumb but he's pressing the spacebar with both thumb at the same time, he follows how o2jam guides new player to tap the spacebar
Hoshimegu Mio

WesleyWK wrote:

timebombed wrote:

I think Jakads do not alternate his thumb but he's pressing the spacebar with both thumb at the same time, he follows how o2jam guides new player to tap the spacebar
You can actually see him alternating in a lot of his plays, like the beginning of his Hello (BPM) 2021 FC.
An Shiraishi
Jakads does use alternating while dressurf uses only one thumb. I also do alternating/sometimes only one thumb, depending what pattern it is and I recommend you to use what's comfortable for you. Alternating is hard to master and takes a longer process to fully master it.
iShanoa
I mostly do left thumb (im right handed), but I sometimes alternate when doing stair jacks (is this what its called?). It helps me i think. just play where you are comfortable. throwing my 1 cent as a noob. XD