forum

Can't improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Depv
I feel like I can't get any better, I can get S on maps from 3 - 3.70 * but when I try to play maps from 3.70 - 4 * I can't get even an A. I've already tried to take a 2-3 day break but it hasn't given me any remarkable result. Any advice you can give me? any map that you recommend? Thanks in advance.

also I have cleared the first 3 dans (idk if this helps)
NeroOtter
1) Play every day. There's no need to take breaks longer than a day without a real reason, play every day and you'll be cool
2) Play easier maps. It's okay if you don't improve from your current state and/or while trying to play something... a bit out of your range.
3) Play more different maps. Try your best at keeping variety in maps you play, thankfully at 3.5-4* there are many options available.
3.5)dontmashdontmashdontmash Please keep your fingers in good health.
4) Try playing easier maps with high accuracy. 93-98% is okay, anything out of this range will be cool too, but it will suck getting S's later on if you don't stick to it now.
5) Generally play for fun! BUT DON'T PLAY CASUALLY, you MUST feel the game. And don't expect the improvement to come immediately
6) If you already tried all of this, my only suggestion is that you're not in the mood for playing the game. You must know what you're going for, what is your goal, and what are your chances, with that, you need to cheer yourself up with a confident "I can!".

Believe me, I'm only starting to touch area of 5* which is average, and you must know that there's not that much to know besides obvious things like PlayMORE and Be positive about your plays

Mania is a worse game of mind than standard osu!, because mindblocks can appear out of nowhere and the whole game is a mess, sometimes requiring you to play by it's rules, like all other 4k games do. Play with a confidence, play everyday, for your fun, at your pace, and the improvement will come.
[MG] Paragon
I had the same problem recently where I was stuck on 5 stars. My advice to you would just to practice 3 stars more, tackle any patters you have been avoiding (this most likely means chordjacks) and just become more comfortable with patterns overall. Mainly just iron out and practice those patterns you are uncomfortable with. I hope this helps.
Topic Starter
Depv

NeroOtter wrote:

1) Play every day. There's no need to take breaks longer than a day without a real reason, play every day and you'll be cool
2) Play easier maps. It's okay if you don't improve from your current state and/or while trying to play something... a bit out of your range.
3) Play more different maps. Try your best at keeping variety in maps you play, thankfully at 3.5-4* there are many options available.
3.5)dontmashdontmashdontmash Please keep your fingers in good health.
4) Try playing easier maps with high accuracy. 93-98% is okay, anything out of this range will be cool too, but it will suck getting S's later on if you don't stick to it now.
5) Generally play for fun! BUT DON'T PLAY CASUALLY, you MUST feel the game. And don't expect the improvement to come immediately
6) If you already tried all of this, my only suggestion is that you're not in the mood for playing the game. You must know what you're going for, what is your goal, and what are your chances, with that, you need to cheer yourself up with a confident "I can!".

Believe me, I'm only starting to touch area of 5* which is average, and you must know that there's not that much to know besides obvious things like PlayMORE and Be positive about your plays

Mania is a worse game of mind than standard osu!, because mindblocks can appear out of nowhere and the whole game is a mess, sometimes requiring you to play by it's rules, like all other 4k games do. Play with a confidence, play everyday, for your fun, at your pace, and the improvement will come.
I'll be doing what you said, luckily today I had a very good session, beating some scores from A to S. I haven't had a good session for days haha, anyways, thanks :)

[MG] Paragon wrote:

I had the same problem recently where I was stuck on 5 stars. My advice to you would just to practice 3 stars more, tackle any patters you have been avoiding (this most likely means chordjacks) and just become more comfortable with patterns overall. Mainly just iron out and practice those patterns you are uncomfortable with. I hope this helps.
I guess I'll have to practice LN, because when I see a lot of LNs with normal notes my mind just blocks and I miss. Chordjacks are very difficult but I'll try to practice it too. Thanks :)
ArztVielfrass
There's already good advice posted here, so in terms of accuracy... playing lazer with Difficulty Adjust > Accuracy 11 gave me significant improvements to my accuracy.

Download tons of random beatmaps, play each and eventually you'll encounter a beatmap that seemingly matches the same star difficulty you can comfortably pass but with lower accuracy, chances are, there's a pattern or gimmick to it that you haven't formed "muscle memory" for.

If there is a pattern that you struggle in:
Edit the beatmap and remove all the notes before the intended pattern you want to practice, you can immediately skip to the problem section. You can slow it down and keep raising it until you pass.