forum

How to make a pack w/ multiple songs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bloodshot20
I want to make a 4k mania pack with multiple different songs, where each song is its own difficulty, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

Here's an example of what I mean: beatmapsets/903657#mania/1886471

If anyone can explain how, or redirect me to another post that would be appreciated.
Zelzatter Zero
First, prepare all .mp3 and .osu files you need into one map folder. Rename and take note all the .mp3 filenames.

Second, go to each .osu files in any text editor (recommend vanilla Notepad or Notepad++) You'll see there's an AudioFilename line at the start of the content.

Remember when I said you have to take note of all .mp3 filenames? Replace the original name in that line with the one with respective audio files and keep the file extension name.

Finally, save the file and refresh the editor.
Topic Starter
Bloodshot20
I tried creating a new beatmap (But I didn't upload it to osu) and I added it to one file like you said, but the new one shows up as 0 stars, and instantly disappears when you click on it.

I noticed that in the text file the beatmap id is 0, and the beatmap set id is -1. This seems to me like what is causing the issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Will I have to upload each difficulty as a separate beatmap to osu beforehand? I'd rather not reach the beatmap cap and have to wait. Thanks
Zelzatter Zero

Bloodshot20 wrote:

I noticed that in the text file the beatmap id is 0, and the beatmap set id is -1. This seems to me like what is causing the issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
No it's not.

Those numbers are like that because you haven't upload the map, which doesn't assign the ID for you. It's not related to the main problem at all.

Also forgot to tell that you have to keep the metadata (Artist and Title field, inluding the Unicode one, and the Map creator field) consistent as well. You can edit the .osu file for that. If you want for players to see which song is which you can try editing the difficulty name instead.
Topic Starter
Bloodshot20
Ok I got it. I had to edit the metadata, which included changing the -1 in the beatmap set id.

Thanks for the help.

(Side note - not sure if this thread will end by itself or what)