posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K2J
SWEET MOTHER OF ARCEUS A TOP-DOWN ACTION-ORIENTED POKEMON GAME

1,500 WiiWare Points

Announcement
Video

Yes yes YES wooooo! Let's hope all 493 are available. Even if they aren't, I'm getting this.
kuwarudo
Oh my god, this game actually makes sense
LuigiHann
whaaaaat

and of all the descriptions you could use in the thread title, why "top-down"? The real pokemon rpg games use the top-down perspective, so I would have chosen a more different word
Topic Starter
K2J
Fixed, sorry.
Mashley
Looks crap.
MegaManEXE
Looks kind of like Mystery Dungeon but nixing the turn-based crap for button mashing action

Could be kind of entertaining but I'm not getting super excited because it's just a WiiWare game after all
Mashley
The only good thing on WiiWare is Strong Bad's Cool Game. The rest sucks. This will suck just as much as pokemon ranch - A LOT.
mm201
Meh.

It will appease all the kids wanting an action-based Pokémon game while leaving the traditional RPGs intact.

It's a good move even though I couldn't care less about the actual game.
YoshiKart
This would work best with an N64 controller. >_>
C buttons for four moves, A to jump, B for standard attack. They seriously could've thought of this kind of game earlier.
eee

MetalMario201 wrote:

Meh.

It will appease all the kids wanting an action-based Pokémon game while leaving the traditional RPGs intact.

It's a good move even though I couldn't care less about the actual game.
that's good 4 you, you care for the kiddies, but what can I say, you're right, little kids will have fun with their pokemon, like Wii Music has little kids thinking they're actually doing something fun.

@K2J: I agree with luigi, when I saw "Top-Down" I thought it was a full-fledged pokemon game for WiiWare. I think games like this are called "action-adventure". . . . . . no, seriously, who knows what these are called. . . . third person. . fourth person. .

@Agent_Spin: MegaMan9WorldOfGoo
Gens
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mashley

eee wrote:

Wii Music has little kids thinking they're actually doing something fun.

@Agent_Spin: MegaMan9WorldOfGoo
Wii Music IS fun T_T

Also, Megaman 9 doesn't appeal to me and World of Goo looks like the kind of thing I'd buy and never play.
Like everything I bought on wiiware. (apart from LostWinds and TV Show King. Those games pwn. I bought SBCG4AP on PC)
Topic Starter
K2J

eee wrote:

@K2J: I agree with luigi, when I saw "Top-Down" I thought it was a full-fledged pokemon game for WiiWare. I think games like this are called "action-adventure". . . . . . no, seriously, who knows what these are called. . . . third person. . fourth person. .
My reasoning was that you don't fight from a top-down perspective, you fight from a turn-based menu system. Of course, my original description could apply to Mystery Dungeon as well, so... I think the catch-all term for this type of game is indeed action-adventure, but that would imply there's some adventuring, and this looks more like just a fighting game. "Beat-em-up"?
Moofey
This actually looks fun. I wonder how long it would take them to port it over here?

Agent Spin Here wrote:

The only good thing on WiiWare is Strong Bad's Cool Game. The rest sucks. This will suck just as much as pokemon ranch - A LOT.
Megaman 9.
Mashley

Moofey wrote:

Agent Spin Here wrote:

Megaman 9.
I disagree.

Also I watched the trailer again and it STILL looks crap.
Topic Starter
K2J
Ekaru
Yes! I want that game. Sometime. When I have $$$$$. That aren't being spent on Pokemon cards.
K-S-O

Agent Spin Here wrote:

The only good thing on WiiWare is Strong Bad's Cool Game. The rest sucks.
Art Style series
Bit.Trip series
Toki Tori
Swords and Soldiers
Neves Plus
Alien Crush Returns

If you disagree with these then you are wrong.
awp
did you seriously

forget

Mega Man 9

your freaking avatar
K-S-O
Mega Man 9 was already mentioned numerous times in this thread. I'm not beating that dead horse.
Kiyobi_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mashley
Kiyobi_old

Agent Spin Here wrote:

Kiyobi wrote:

Bomberman Blast would like to have a word with you.
I have it. It sucks.
You suck :<
Zaron_old

Moofey wrote:

This actually looks fun. I wonder how long it would take them to port it over here?

Agent Spin Here wrote:

Megaman 9.
LostWinds. But MM9 is good, too. Takes some effort to get into, but worth it in the end~. Also, lasts longer than most WiiWare games.

Also, I found Groovin' Blocks to be pretty entertaining, but I'm simple like that.

As for the game, video removed. How will one ever be in the loop now?

Actually looks kinda fun. Reminds me of the PS2 Digimon World that surprised me by not sucking. I shall reserve my final verdict for the end result on this one.
Wojjan
This seems like one of those games you'd only quit after you realize it's suddenly dark outside and Famine is scampering through Italy. Very easy to get into. Megaman 9 is the game you'd only quit after three carpal tunnels and approaching rigor mortis. Bomberman Blast is tha game you quit after realising it's just Bomberman. ArtStyle is the game you quit after 30 minutes, but play once a week, to keep the fun in achieving. Strong Bad's Cool Game is just bad. If you are playing it/have played it, you should quit right now. Now excuse me while I attach my soul to The Munchables to form an ethereal pact.

Zaron wrote:

How will one ever be in the loop now?
Stay in touch with WiiWare through WiiFolderJosh's youtube channel
Zaron_old
i actually adored all of Strongbad, but I'm a Homestar junkie and also adored Telltale's work with Sam & Max, so on top of being in on all the in-jokes and adoring teh ultmate 3D showdown with Trogdor, I just totally dig the company that made the games.

That and "Food-Related Love" may be my favorite Homestar song of all time now.
K-S-O

Wojjan wrote:

ArtStyle is the game you quit after 30 minutes, but play once a week, to keep the fun in achieving.
I play it everyday dude! ...Just not the same game in the series.