forum

ohayoo

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vantheman
I'm an artist, barista, loser living with his parents, studying japanese at a college (I've gotten through genki 1 if you're curious).

I'm off for the summer, watching too much anime, I randomly looked for Oreimo's opening themes on youtube and discovered this game.
Years ago, I was full comboing heavy mode songs on DDR(holic, era, rhythm and police, just the easy ones)...I used to own $500 metal pads, that I bought with minimum wage income...stopped playing when I was learning double mode songs because I feared there would be long term knee damage involved if I kept pushing myself.
I haven't really played rhythm games since then.

and for now I'm playing the 3 star Osu! songs and struggling with the 4
Game that strengthens my posture with a wacom tablet, where have you been all my life?

I love a lot of obscure electronic music and have a drive to put myself to use, perhaps in due time, if I feel like I have an inkling of skill at this game, I'll think about doing some beatmapping.
Irisu_old
Welcome to the osu! forums! Enjoy your stay here and I hope you improve.
sheela
Hi! Welcome to the community! :D Enjoy your stay here!
Aoriki
Welcome to the forum/game.
Lust
ohaiyogozaimasu~
Zalaria
Good luck with the beatmapping! ^^ I tried once and failed horribly >.< And welcome! You will get those 4star maps down soon ^^
Tanzuku
yo, welcome to the forums and game. Improving takes time :P the more you play the better you become. Have fun!
I added you so lets play sometime.
Topic Starter
vantheman
hum well right now I pass the 4 star ones
but I'm more worried about getting an S rank on a 2 star one than I am about passing fives. Quality over quantity, is what I want from myself playing this

and yes yes, I'm aware of what practice brings, I didn't get to heavy on DDR overnight, and I've been jumping forward in this game every time I sit down to play it since so much of the beginning skill is just grasping it mentally instead of it being physically challenging.